Chapter 7

Chapter 7

            I've slept on the couch all night, the sun is now out and brightly shining.  It's probably 8 which means I'm late for school.  I look around for my phone and see it's only 6:30.  Why the hell is the sun out?  Stupid Mother Nature.  Well, I suppose I better go get ready for school.  I wobble up the stairs in my leg cast and head to the shower.  The doctor told me that I should not get this cast wet so I leave my left leg out of the shower and put the rest of me in.  I finish with my shower and get dressed in blue jeans that cover my cast, a brown tank top, and a long sleeve pull over.  I replace the bandage on my face with a clean one.  I grab my bag for school and head downstairs. 

            In the kitchen I decide to make myself some scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast.  While the bacon is cooking I look for my phone and see that, once again, Mr. Hobins has called and left me a message while I was in the shower.  Well Lucy, your car is in the driveway so I assume that you are alright.  My God you better be.  We'll talk about this later.  Call me please.  He keeps saying please, he had to have found out my submissive with that word.  Either way I'm not calling him or texting him.  It's wrong that he even has my number. 

            I stagger back into the kitchen and eat my breakfast.  After I'm done, I brush my teeth, pull my hair aside so that it covers my bandaged face and put on my boots. 

            When I get to the school and I park my car, I look around and the school yard looks like a normal day.  Everyone in the same place they were yesterday.  I look around for that one particular person who doesn't seem to appear anywhere in plain sight.  He must already be in his class room.  I suppose that I better leave now if I want to get to class on time.

            I step out of my car with my bag across my shoulder and limp unsteadily to my first class.  When I finally reach my classroom for the first hour I feel satisfied, Mr. Hobins is nowhere to be found in my vision.  Thank God!  I'm not sure what to tell him about last night but I think my mouth will say it before I can think it.

            It's now fifth hour and I'm really nervous about going in the classroom.  I'm standing outside the door like a flipping chicken! What the hell is wrong with me?  He's trying to get the better of me and I will not allow that.  I decide to go into the room and take my seat.  Mr. Hobins is already in the room, sitting at his desk expectantly like he was waiting for me.  He probably was too, he called my cell phone like a billion times in the past 24 hours.  His eyes land on me and stay.  Half of my face is covered but I can feel his eyes on me.  I don't dare look up at him.  The bell rings signifying class is to start.  I lean back and tap my pencil on my desk lightly to have something to do. 

            "Alright class, get out a piece of paper and start an essay," Mr. Hobins sounds really pissed.  "I want you to write what the word honesty means until the end of the hour.  Do not stop until the bell rings and then you're dismissed."  His eyes glance over and stay on me for what seems like forever.  I do as he said, and start writing the essay. 

            When the bell rings for the end of class people start to walk up and put their essays on his desk.  I walk strongly up to his desk and place the paper down then head back to my desk and start to pack things up.  After the last student, other than me leaves, he closes and locks the door.

            "Are you really going to lock me in here?" I ask not looking at him.

            "Did you really ditch me last night?" His response is sarcasm so it seems with a little anger hidden in there.

            "It's not right for us to see each other outside of class Mr. Hob..." He doesn't let me finish.

            "God I hate it when you call me that!  Will you please call me Jason."