Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            The rest of the day seemed to go fast.  When fifth hour was over I waited until everyone left before talking to Jason. 

            "You stayed?"  He asked like a question.  Wasn't it obvious?  I was sitting down and I haven't moved from the front row. 

            "Your one and only chance starts right now."  I didn't want to give him a chance but he convinced me that I should.

            "There's a time limit?"

            "Yup.  If I have to give you a chance to impress me then I get to give you a time limit."  Seriously, I'm giving him one chance and he's only getting one.

            "Alright I suppose that's okay.  At least you're giving me a chance."

            "So how are you going to impress me?"

            "How would you like me to?"

            "I think that's your choice.  You should pick something that you're good at."

            "Fine, I'll think of something."

            "Tick tock, tick tock."

            "Lucy, I can't think of something when you are pressuring me.  Give me some time."

            "You have until tomorrow at 5 o'clock.  That's it."

            "Hunny, that's not nearly enough time."

            "Guess you better hurry and think."  I grabbed my bag and walked over to the closed door.

            "I don't get a kiss?"  He smirks.

            "Ugh... fine."  I walk over to his desk and kiss his lips.  I can't help but smirk when his lips come to mine.  When we finish kissing I head over to the door and walk out to my car. 

            I went to my bedroom after getting home and laid down to relax for a bit before starting on my homework.  My parents weren't due home for another couple of days due to their business meetings in New York; therefore, I have the house to myself.  After about an hour nap I hear my phone ringing.  I reach over to the nightstand and answer the phone.  "Hello," I say still half asleep.

            "Did I wake you up sleepyhead?" Whoever it is says in nearly a whisper.

            "Who's this?"

            "Jason Hobins, forgot about me already?"

            "Oh, no I didn't forget.  I was taking a nap."

            "Oops, sorry princess.  Let’s go out tonight.  I have a plan."  He says still whispering.  Why is he whispering?  I was awake now.

            "So, where should I meet you?"  It might be easier if we drive separately, that way if I need to escape, I can.

            "Meet me at the park in half an hour."

            "Okay, I'll be there."  I hang up the phone and go change into a pair of jean, hiking boots, and a tank top.  I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and my hair and pull my hair into a low ponytail.  I look good if I do say so.  Now I'm off to the park.