Epilogue

Epilogue

            I got married in April of 2018 to my boss's brother Adam Richards when Aurora was 6.  He loves her as if she were his own.  Adam understands that I don't want to cut out Barb and Bob from Aurora's life and understands the situation from my last marriage.  Adam has never met Jason and doesn't want to.  So when Aurora and I visit her grandparents in Michigan he stays home.  Aurora is now 10 and in the 4th grade and has many friends which were invited for a sleepover at our house for her birthday.  This weekend we are going to go visit Barb and Bob.

            When we got to their house they had planned a surprise party for her.  All her cousins, aunts, uncles, and even Lucas was there.  The party was wonderful and fun.  She had a great time.  When the doorbell rang I went to answer it.  I opened the door and Jason was standing on the front porch.  I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

            "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

            "I just came to give Aurora a birthday present.  I'm sorry, I didn't think it was a big deal."

            "I don't want you ruining her mood.  She's happy with her father.  She doesn't know about you."

            "Lucy, I am her father.  What are you talking about?"

            "Adam is her father.  In every way that counts.  He's never missed a ballet play, a soccer game or a school activity.  He picks her up from school and takes her to school.  He plays with her on the weekends and reads to her and tucks her in at night.  He helps her with her homework, and everything else.  Adam is her dad.  Not you."

            "I could be though.  Give us another chance.  I can be anything you need me to be.  I still love you.  I was wrong to cheat on you in the first place."

            "No you were wrong to sleep with me in the first place."

            "I deserve that.  Can I just see her?  I bought her a present and I know it doesn't make up for anything but I just want to see her.  Please?"

            "Fine, but if you hurt her in any way I will hurt you and your mother is on my side."

            "I won't I promise."

            I opened the door and let him in.  "Wait in the living room okay?"  He nodded and walked in the room while I went to get Aurora.  "Hey sweetie, come here.  There's someone that I want you to meet."  Aurora came up to me and took my hand.  She followed me into the living room and looked at Jason.  He looked shocked.  Over the years, she had turned into a mini female Jason.  She has his nose and his eyes and his hair.  She looks nothing like me now.  "Aurora, this is Jason.  Your real dad."

The End