Chapter 22

Chapter 22

            When I landed I met my dad there by accident of course.

            "Daddy?" He turned around and looked at me.

            "Angel what are you doing here?" He gave me a hug and kissed my forehead.

            "I just landed from Michigan.  I think I should talk to you.  Will you come with me back to my apartment?"

            "Of course of course.  Your mother isn't supposed to land for another few hours from New York so let’s go to your place.  So tell me how was Michigan?"

            I told my dad all about my trip and showed him pictures of Aurora and of Jason.  He wasn't too happy about me seeing Jason but he understood it. 

            "And there's something else daddy.  Um, Jason and I are getting married."

            I looked down at the floor and waited for him to respond.  "What the hell are you talking about?" he nearly screamed at me.

            "He asked me to marry him and I told him yes.  I just came back to pack up my things and then I'm moving in with him.  He's great really he is.  He takes great care of Aurora and his son."

            "He has a son?"

            "Yeah with his ex-wife, his name's Lucas and he's so sweet.  We spent the entire weekend together.  Just the four of us.  Lucas is just intrigued with Aurora.  He says that she's his sister and only his.  And he plays with her all the time."

            "Well that's good but that doesn't mean you have to marry him.  At least now.  You could date for a while and then if you decide to then, get married."

            "But I love him and he loves me and we're getting married soon. I don't know when soon is but it is in the near future.  And I'm moving back to Michigan to be with him for good."

            "Lucy, that's not a good idea, you barely know him."

            "I knew enough to get pregnant by him."

            My dad got annoyed enough that he finally just dropped his head.  "There's no way I can talk you out of this?" I shook mine no.  "Well then I suppose that I will just have to live with it.  Like I do many other things."

            "We can Skype and Facetime and call all the time and we can come visit each other sometimes."

            "Fine, it won't be the same as having you here but I'll suffice.  Your mother will most likely have a different opinion though."

            "I guess we'll see."

            We talked for a few hours and then went back to the airport to get my mom and take her back home.  When we got back to their house my dad went to go watch some football game or something that was on and my mom and I talked in the kitchen.

            "So mom, I'm ugh... getting married."

            "WHAT?!" She screamed at me but with a smile on her face, she seemed to be excited.  "To who? When?"

            "Well, to Jason Hobbs, Aurora's father.  I'm not sure when but soon.  But not too soon."

            "You are marrying your baby's father?"

            "Yeah, when I went back to get Aurora we started talking and decided that we wanted to get married.  It's for the best.  I love him."

            "Oh darling! That's wonderful.  I'm so happy for you!"

            "Oh good, I thought you'd be mad or something.  I mean you weren't happy about Aurora."

            "So when can we see her, my grandbaby.  I want to meet her and your fiancé, of course."

            "I just came to pack up my things, I'm moving in with him and we're going to live in Michigan with his son."

            "He has a son?"  I nodded and she smiled. "That's great! More grandchildren to spoil."

            I spent the night at my parents' house and in the morning they followed me over to my apartment and helped me pack it all up.  I had sent my dad to the post office to get boxes since I didn't drive down everything that needed to come with me was being shipped back to Michigan.  At the end of our packing and us sending things over to Goodwill, I only ended up with just mine and Aurora's clothes that I had bought.  4 boxes needed to be sent in all.

            As I told Jason, I was home by Friday.