Chapter 25

Chapter 25

            Time sure fly’s.  It's now the day before my wedding and Jason and I are spending the night apart.  This is the first time we've slept apart since I moved in with him.  Aurora isn't even here with me.  Barb wanted to make sure that I would get plenty of sleep tonight so she kept her for the night.  Even better, my parents are spending the night at Jason's parents’ house.  He's staying at our house and I've been put in the bridal suite at the hotel.  It's very quiet here since I'm the only one here.  Jason's sisters wanted to give me a bachelorette party but I told them I didn't want one so they went out without me.  I'm not sure what Jason's up to but I really miss him.

            My phone started ringing and I looked to see who it was, speak of the devil.

            "Hey babe." I answered.

            "Hey sexy.  What you up to?"  This can't be good, Jason sounds drunk.

            "Just waiting for tomorrow.  What are you doing?"

            "Ugh... the guys gave me a party and we've been playing beer pong.  Don't worry, I'll be there tomorrow."

            "How much have you had to drink?"

            "A few, only a few.  Maybe 10?"

            Great, he's had ten beers.  He's so drunk right now.  I hung up the phone and called Barb.  "Hey sweetie."  She answered.

            "Hey Barb, um... I hate to ask but could you send someone to rescue Jason, he's really drunk and I would like to marry a sober person tomorrow."

            "Oh dear, of course, I'll send Bob to go get him.  Just relax and don't worry about anything, I'll take care of it."

            "Thank you."  I hung up and started a bath.

            I woke up the next morning around 9 when Veronica and Laura were pounding on the bedroom door. 

            "Are you ready for today?!" Veronica was excited about the wedding probably more than I was.

            We all were ready to go down the aisle at 5 when I started getting very nervous.  This didn't seem right.  It was like something inside me was telling me not to marry Jason.  But I love Jason.  He's amazing.  I stood at the back of the church and watched Veronica and Laura walk down the aisle and Barb carry Aurora after them.  The music started playing for me to start the walk but my feet couldn't move.  I kept hearing all the music play and I looked right at Jason who just stood there, waiting for me.  But I couldn't move, no matter how much I wanted to go down that aisle my feet wouldn't let me. 

            I finally was able to move but not towards Jason.  I moved further away from him.  I ran back to the room that I got changed in and slammed the door closed.  I slid down the door to the floor there was a knock on it.

            "Lucy, what's wrong?" I heard Jason ask.  I didn't respond to him.  "Lucy, hunny, what is it?"  He tried to open the door but all my weight was pushed against it.  "Please Lucy.  Let’s talk."

            After a few minutes I moved away from the door and let him in.  "Baby, what's wrong?"  He sat down next to me and pulled me into him.

            "I...I can't... I can't marry you."

            "It's okay sweetie, you don't have to.  I understand."

            "I want to, I really do.  But something keeps telling me not to.  I don't know what it is but I can't."

            "What do you mean?  Who's telling you not to?"  I stood up away from him.  He just sat there, looking at me shocked that someone told me not to.

            "Not someone, something!  Something in me just keeps saying don't marry him.  I don't know what it is.  I love you and I want to marry you."

            "Good, go with that feeling.  I love you so much and I want to marry you today!  Let’s go."

            "Jason what happened last night at your party?"

            "Nothing, the guys and I went out for drinks and Veronica's husband Lantz ordered strippers but I didn't pay any attention to them.  I just kept thinking about today.  And how soon I'd be able to hold you.  I missed you so much last night."

            "And I you."

            "Then let’s go get married.  I'll walk with you down to the alter and stand with you and make sure you don't run again."

            "That sounds like a good idea."  I gave Jason our last kiss before our marriage then we walked hand in hand down to the alter and were married.