Chapter 19

Chapter 19

            Jason and I took Aurora back to the hotel and I packed up my bag and then we went to a diner that I had been to a couple times before.  The silence was alright and then Jason broke it.

            "So you got a job now?"

            "Yeah, I’m a receptionist at a law firm.  My dad knows the guy and he pulled some strings."

            "Oh, how did your parents take the pregnant thing?"

            "Dad was supportive and my mom kicked me out if I was going to keep her.  She wanted me to get an abortion."

            "I'm glad you didn't.  Aurora is too beautiful for that."

            "Then I found the adoptive parents and they had everything for her."

            "Lucy you can't give her up now.  I'll take her and do everything."

            "Haven't you been listening?  I said had, I couldn't give Aurora up to them.  They were sad but they understood.  And I'll be the one to take care of her.  It's too late to give her up and I love her so much."

            "I'm glad to hear you say that.  But what if..." he took a minute to form the words. "What if we take care of her together?  We could raise her together."

            "You want to marry me?"

            "You said it I didn't but eventually yes I do.  Although, I would ask you more officially.  I would love to marry you and raise Aurora together as a family but I understand if you want to wait or whatever.  As long as you keep an open mind."  

            His words were soothing and he seemed sincere about what he said.  He wanted to marry me, maybe not today or tomorrow but eventually.  Doubt still rang in my mind though. 

            "And what happens if you decide you don't want me anymore or you find another one of your students more attractive than you find me? What then?"

            "Lucy that's the doubt in every marriage.  You have to trust me when I say that I only love you.  You have one of my children and you are amazing and beautiful and perfect.  I love you, I love Aurora and I love Lucas, you are my family and that's all that I love.  Do you trust me?"

            "Of course I trust you.  If I didn't I wouldn't have left Aurora with you.  I didn't know you had another kid and you took excellent care of Aurora."

            "So are you saying that you will marry me?"

            "Are you asking me now?"

            "Yes, I am asking you and hoping that you say yes."

            "In that case, yes I say yes."

            I leaned over the table and kissed Jason and looked at my beautiful sleeping Aurora in her car seat next to me.  She was perfect and I'm glad I got her back.  After we finished eating our dinner we went back to Jason's house and went a few rounds while Aurora slept in her bedroom across the hall.

            "If you don't watch it, you'll end up with another kid," I told Jason.

            "As long as it's yours I'm fine with it."