Chapter 20

Chapter 20

            "Good morning beautiful," Jason kissed me awake.

            "Hello gorgeous.  Sleep okay?" 

            "Terrific."  Aurora started crying making her presence known from the other room.  "I've got her."  Jason jumped out of bed and went to go get our daughter and bring her in the bed with us.  He took a few minutes to come back.  "Alright, clean diaper and now time for a feeding, I'll let you handle that."

            Jason handed me Aurora and sat down next to me.  I got her into position to feed her and she was definitely hungry.  The room was quiet until Jason got a phone call. 

            "Oh yeah buddy what's up?... yeah... hold on I'll ask." He put the phone to his chest and looked over at me. "Lucas wants to know if he can come over and play with his sister."

            "He's your kid, I don't see a problem.  I've never met him."  Jason smiled at me and his eyes lit up. 

            "Yeah bud I'll come get you in an hour okay?  Alright see you then."  He put his phone on the bedside table and gave me a kiss.  "Thanks for being understanding about this.  He loves Aurora too."

            "Jason, he's your kid.  I'm not going to tell you that you can't bring you kid over while I'm here.  That's so wrong.  I'd like to meet him and all since we're getting married."  I hope he remembered that he proposed last night. 

            "Yeah, I want to talk to Lucas about that but I want you to be there.  If you're okay with that?"

            "Of course, if you want me there, I'm there."

            An hour later Jason left me and Aurora at the house and went to get Lucas for the weekend.  When he returned Aurora was laying in her playpen in the living room while I made lunch for the boys.  Jason told me that Lucas liked chicken tenders the best and I found some in the freezer so I made that with corn for him. 

            Being a step mom was not in my vision of my life but I love Jason.  Yes love Jason.  He had taken such great care of Aurora and he said Lucas loves to come over and spend time with both his dad and Aurora.  I always envisioned being a mom, not a step mom but this could work.  I would have to make it work for Jason's sake. 

            "We're back!" I heard Jason yell from the front door.  I walked into the hallway and Lucas ran right to Aurora's playpen.  Jason walked over to me and gave me a simple kiss.  "Lunch ready?"

            "Almost, you want to do that now?"

            "Yeah, let’s get that done.  Lucas come here."  Lucas came over to us in the kitchen and looked at me confused.  "Hey bud, this is Aurora's mom Lucy.  Lucy is my fiancé.  Remember what that means?" Jason asked him when he knelt down in front of him.

            "Um, no."  Lucas said.

            "It means we're getting married.  Lucy is going to be my wife."

            "Does that mean she's my new mom?" Lucas asked shyly avoiding me.

            Jason looked up at me and smirked at what Lucas had just said.  "No it doesn't.  Your mom will be your mom forever but Lucy will be here too.  She's Aurora's mom so she does what your mom does for Aurora and when you're here she'll help look after you and make dinner and play games with you.  She is really fun to play with." I had to smile myself since our fun last night was the best we had ever had even with Aurora sleeping next door.  "So do you understand now?"

            Lucas nodded and came over to me and gave me a hug.  I leaned down and hugged him back.  "Your dad told me you like chicken tenders.  You do right?"  He nodded at me and smiled.  "Good, 'cause that's what's for lunch.  I was worried I'd have to make another lunch." I smiled and he laughed. 

            "Nope chicken tenders are the bomb!  Can she have some too?"  He pointed over at Aurora.

            "No she doesn't have any teeth yet so she'd choke if we gave them to her."

            "Oh."

            Jason went over to Aurora and picked her up to stop her crying while Lucas helped me set the table.

            After lunch Lucas and I sat down in the living room to watch a movie as Jason put Aurora down for her nap.  We ended up watching Cars.