Chapter 12

Chapter 12

            It's Thursday morning and Jason and I have gone about 10 rounds in the past few days.  I'm leaving with my parents for California right after school and I haven't told Jason that I am leaving yet.

            Jason has first hour prep so I think I'll pay him a visit before I go to my class. 

            When I walk into Jason's classroom I see him playing on his computer. 

            "Hey Lucy," his tone is happy but changes it when he sees my face.  "What's wrong?"

            "Um... nothing... I just have to tell you something."

            "Really?"  He kisses my neck as he tries to change the subject.  "I've had fun with you the last few days.  Thank you, you are so good in bed."  Jason pulls me closer to him.  "Wanna go another round?"

            "Here?"

            "Yeah, why not?"  I want Jason to be happy so I oblige to his needs.

            After round 11 in 4 days, it's time for second hour to start.

            "I'll see you in class this afternoon."  I tell him.

            "Okay, oh what did you want to tell me?"

            "Um... nothing, it's not important.  I'll talk to you then."

            I think about whether or not to tell him about the move or not and finish the day of classes for the last time here.  After class is over I go down to the office and drop off my books for them to return and clear out my locker.  When I've finished with that I go into Jason's room and sit on his desk.  I put on my best smile as I walk in.

            "Well that seems better than this morning." Jason states.

            "Yeah, it's better when I see you.  In the mood for one last round?"

            "One last round?  Sure, I think I can fit you in before I head home."

            After we've finished our last round (though he doesn't know that it's for good) my mom calls and tells me I need to get home.  I hang up the phone with her and look at Jason.  He's so happy and I don't want to ruin his mood.  I kiss him hard on the lips.

            "I gotta go."  I walk out of the room and go to my car and head home for the last time here.

            When I got home my parents followed me in their car to the mechanics so I could junk my car and ride with them to California.  I fell asleep when we got on the highway and didn't wake up until we got to Idaho.  I feel bad for not telling Jason that I was leaving but I think it's for the better.  He'll forget about me after a few weeks. 

            When we finally got to the new house in California I was exhausted.  My parents' work was paying for the house while we were here.  Another incentive to my parents having great jobs.  The house was nice.  There were 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.  The living room was fairly large and the kitchen was good size connecting to the dining room.  The basement was full and set up like an apartment.  It had its own bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedroom.  The works.

            It didn't take too long for me to get comfortable and consider this my home, a week actually.  I was going to start school again next week.  That is, if I was feeling better.  I'd been sick for the last few weeks, puking the entire day and not wanting to eat anything.  We'd been living in the house for almost a month.  My mom thought I had the flu and took me to the emergency room.