Chapter 24

Chapter 24

            "Hey mom, we're here," Jason yelled when we walked into his parents’ house the next morning.

            "Shhhhh, darling Aurora is still sleeping.  She had a rough night," his mom answered.

            "Oh good, mom this is Lucy, Lucy my mom." Jason introduced us.

            "It's wonderful to meet you Mrs. Hobins."

            "Lucy dear please call me Barb.  You are my grandchild's mother.  Please come into the kitchen and I'll make you both some breakfast." Barb told us.

            Barb was about as tall as me with a thick grey perm and glowing green eyes.  She was very pretty and looked nothing like Jason.

            "Actually mom we have some news for you.  Good news and you'll be happy to hear." Jason told her.  She turned around and looked at him straight in the eyes and gestured for him to continue.  "Lucy and I are getting married."

            "Oh darling that's wonderful!  I'm so happy for you!  When's the day?"

            "We haven't set one he only asked last night," I said before Jason could answer.

            "Lucy, I can help you with everything!  I love weddings!  I helped both my daughters with theirs.  We'll make it magnificent."

            "Well, thank you Barb.  Jason's going to help very much as well.  I'm not really big on the whole big wedding thing though.  Perhaps something smaller with just the main family and friends.  My mom isn't too happy about me getting married.  So it might just be my dad coming if at all.  Either way, this wedding will be gorgeous.  I'd love to get married maybe... next month?"

            "So soon?  Lucy that'll be great.  Whatever you want angel." Jason kissed me.

            "Then we have much to plan and very little time.  We'll have to get started tomorrow," Barb said.

            "Okay I'm going to go get Aurora." With that, Jason left me alone with his mom.

            Barb and I sat down in the kitchen and started discussing wedding details while Jason entertained Aurora.  We talked for several hours and then I just got too tired to focus on it anymore.  We did accomplish several things though.  The wedding was not going to be as small as I wanted it.  Actually, there are going to be around 150 guests.  We would be getting married on September 15.  The last thing that I put my foot down on.  I was not wearing a long white wedding gown, it's not my style.  Barb seemed to understand but she wasn't really happy about it. 

            Jason and I went home with Aurora to calm no wedding discussion zone.