Chapter 9: Let me do our dance

I look at her and all I can feel is my heart pound, I can even hear it. Omg.
I suddenly lost my vocabulary, what do I say? I should've prepared, she's prettier than I expected...I gulp and I feel my mouth dry, my palms sweat. I dry them on my pants and pull out the rose from behind my back and hold it before her. Matches her dress perfectly.
She stares at the rose and then looks back at me and smiles gently.
"He-y-um..." I mumble. What is this feeling? It's like her green eyes sparkle and her smile is brighter than the moon. Oh man!

Lucy's POV:
I don't know what to say. I just stare at the blue rose and slowly stretch my hand to take it and when I do, I feel a slight shock on my fingers as they touch his. I see him offer to take my hand so I give it. He kisses it and we start walking as we both stare into each other's eyes.
We enter a very spacious and fancy restaurant. With dimmed lighting and few people enjoying dinner. We get seated by the waiter at a table next to the window and Adam orders wine for both of us. Wow! This is very out of my style and what I'm used to. Used to Starbucks and Pizza places and McDonald's....this is amazing!
I cross my legs and sit up straight seeing him looking at me in his perverted but this time different way...I can see his eyes sparkle. We eat slowly and then he breaks the awkward silence:
"So you look amazing" he says in a player-like way and I don't know whether to believe him or trust him."Do you like the place?" He adds.
"Yes, it's amazing! Thank you" I exclaim.
"Have you ever considered being in a relationship now?" He asks waiting for a yes or no answer.
"I-I...what do you mean?" I am confused.
"What do you think about me?" He goes on.
"You're handsome....as hell." I smile and say slightly embarrassed. He smiles and leans forward.
"Do you-" he gets interrupted by the waiter asking if everything's ok.
'Of course it is damn it, go away!'I say to myself. The waiter leaves and Adam just changes the subject.
"Wanna dance?" He offers but doesn't wait for my reply and just stands up and helps me up.
Love me like you do- Ellie Goulding starts playing and omg I love that song! He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him and our faces meet.
" I-I don't know how to dance" I say as I look at my feet embarrassed.
"Just follow my steps and let me do the dance...." He touches my hair and puts it behind my ear. We dance and I sorta stepped on his feet a couple of times...ugh F*ck my life...but he never stops leading me and I soon get more confident until he spins me and I almost fall but he catches me and our breaths mix. Omg. While we dance I feel no fear of falling because I know he'll catch me and I feel safe and don't care if I mess up. I keep throwing myself in his arms and hold his face and spin myself. I've never been so free and in love. I press my back against his body and let him embrace his arms around mine as he kisses my neck...I feel a burn and my whole body becomes numb.
Soon the song ends and I'm again spinning and land in his arms holding me before falling and our breaths meet, I hold his face and we're both sweaty, his face is red and those a blue eyes stand out perfectly - he gasps for air and then he leans in my ear and whispers "I love you"
*********************************
Suddenly the whole world stops and so does my breath...this time he meant it because his eyes were about to cry.... I feel my heart gasping for air and I soon begin to shed tears and feel frustrated for not being able to hide them.
Standing there in his arms- weak and speechless, I push him away and look down at my feet while fidgeting at the bottom of my dress. I don't seem to know what to say. That's what I wanted to hear all along, right? Well then what is wrong with me? I am very emotional at the moment and can't control myself, I just wanna take his clothes off and let him do me. I feel my body and heart burn and suddenly it gets very hot in here.

Adam's POV:
She was just standing there looking at the floor. Did I make a mistake? She just looks at me and starts walking towards the doors. I run after her and grab her hand.
"Hey no what's wrong!!"
"I-I don't know what's happening to me...I didn't believe you meant it" she sobs.
"Of course I mean it Lucy..why would I lie?" I take her face in my hands and kiss her slowly, feeling my heart rush and wanting to bite her lip and go harder.
She then looks at me and says "Adam....I can't be with you, I'm sorry"
*************************************

Hearing this, my heart sinks to the ground. Why?
"Why not?! Why are you acting like this? Am I not good enough?" I cry out and grab her face.
"You're here for a week Adam. You have 2 more days left. You need to go back to the USA and work on your album- did you forget? We can't be together." She explains.
"Do you love me?" I ask in a crying voice.
She's silent not knowing what to answer. But I know she does.
"Lucy, do you love me!?" I ask again.
"It's for your own good Adam...." She whispers.
"No I don't care! I want you, you are what's good for me!" I yell.
"Please, stop..." She pleads.
"I was never capable of loving anyone! I've been through so much in my life and so have you. I am feeling helpless when I'm with you.. You make me feel afraid of losing you even though we're not together.... I never thought I could feel so alive and uncontrollable for someone..." I start to cry.
"You are changing me Adam. I am no longer that innocent girl and I'm afraid of who I'm becoming." She speaks with a trembling voice.
"No no...I'll take you with me." I say.
"I need to study....goodbye Adam..."

Lucy's POV:
Saying this, my heart bleeded. I hated myself for having to say it but it was the right thing to do because we can't be together under the circumstances....
I walk away and take a glance of his eyes which are crying....it hurts me. I just turn my head and keep walking. I ruined the night but I lost control again. He should be packing tomorrow.