Chapter 24: Forget

Adam's POV:
I drown in my beer again this night, alone in the bar, the lights are out. It's silent.
I'm alone with my own thoughts, everything rushing through my mind which creates enough noise.
It's been long since I last saw Anna or Danny. I have no idea what to do.

I finally walk out of the bar at 2am and walk the dark streets feeling dizzy.
Every memory spent with Anna and Danny hurts me deep down, it sucks getting used to a family that turns out not being yours at all. I don't know where my life is heading. My entire life was a lie, I feel like I don't know where I belong anymore.
I hear a loud noise behind me, I turn around and see a bright light which blinds me. Not able to move I hear a loud "BEEP!!!"

Suddenly, I feel myself losing my balance in the darkness. I see the light coming from the object becoming dull and blurry, in a second everything becomes black and my body numb.

************************************

"Adam!" I hear a voice behind me shout.
I look around to see nothing but pure darkness.
"Where are you?" I yell back.
I look around some more and see a shadow moving towards me. Without fear I walk towards it too, seeing its hair swaying in the wind.
"Who are you?" I ask it while it's standing before me.
"I forgive you Adam!" I feel its hand stroking me.
"Who are you?" I ask again but get no answer.
"Don't forget me" it replies and disappears.
"WAIT!" I shout back at it.
It's gone and with it I feel myself loosing focus in the darkness.
*************************************

I wake up in a hospital room. I look around and see no one around.
I try to get up but struggle as my head hurts terribly.
I lie back down and wonder how I got here, remembering nothing before that.

"Hello Mr. Lambert" a doctor walks in and asks me.
I stare in confusion.
He checks the machines and my pulse.
"How did I get here?" I ask
"You were run over by a car at 2:25am the other night." He answers me.
Run over? How?
"How are you feeling Mr. Lambert?"
"Who?" I ask confused.
"Do you remember anything?" He asks me.
I stare in confusion and reply no.
Who am I? I look at my tattooed arm and recall nothing.
"That's what we need to tell you." The doctor says calmly.
"Who am I? What's going on??" I sit up feeling my head throb.
"You have got amnesia..." I hear those two words which hit me hard.
How?? This can't be....
"Who am I??" I ask in a panicked voice.
"You're Adam Mitchell Lambert and you're a famous US singer" the doctor tells me.
"How did I get here?" I try to get up but the doctor stops me.

Suddenly...
"Adam!!" A woman rushes through the door.
"Are you alright??" She hugs me.
I look at her and see a brown haired lady who seems very worried.
I slowly push her away from me, creeped out by her behavior.
"Um... Excuse me?" I mumble.
"Oh baby..?? You don't remember me ,do you?" She sobs as she strokes my hair.
"I'm sorry ma'am?" I reply.
"I'm your mother..."
I look confused and wait for more information but only see her hoping eyes.
"Doctor will he remember me?? Please, he's my precious son he can't forget me!" The woman sobs.
She slowly examine all of my wounds and bruises from the accident. I wish I could forget the pain instead.

"It could take him a few months probably or forever. We can't be sure so just keep trying to make him remember. Show him old family photos or videos. It's not impossible." He says in a low voice.
A few days later I arrive at home... I see a pretty house and get welcomed by a man who I suppose is my father.
"Welcome home Adam!" He hugs me and pats me on the back.
"Hey. Dad?" I say risky.
"Yes! I'm your dad... Don't be shy ,please." He tells me as he sees me looking around nervously.
I walk upstairs to my room and see a big bed with a lot of posters of me.
Am I really that famous?
"You can take a nap if you like" my mother says as she prepares my bed.
"Thanks." I drop my bag on the floor, gazing at the posters with my face on them.
"That's you" she giggles.
"I know"
She looks around awkwardly and leaves , telling me to rest.
I walk around my room touching everything in it. I see a bunch of old books and some CD's.
I look around and see a mirror near my wardrobe. I look at my messy hair and green sweatshirt. I look down and see my boots and jeans. I love them.
I walk over to my bed and see a book on the night stand, parted with a bookmark in the middle.
I pick it up and read a few sentences.
Maybe I should start from the begining.
I lie down and begin to read the first page. A few moments later I get sleepy and close my eyes.
*************************************

"Adam!"
"Yes?"
"Do you know where I am?" I hear a girl's voice somewhere around me.
"Who are you?"
"Do you remember me?" She asks me.
I look around and see nobody but my shadow in a dark place.
Then I start running, chasing something but I don't know what....
I keep running and running..running for my life or running for that girl.
Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my chest and I see a brunette girl with green eyes staring at me. I freeze.
I try to touch her pretty face but she disappears, again....

*************************************

"Are you alright!?" My mom comes rushing in.
I lift my body up and look around "Yes I am..."
"You screamed..." She sits down beside me and checks if I have a high temperature.
"What did I say?" I ask
"Just screamed... Like you got scared. Did you have a nightmare?" She asks me.
"No...yes.. I don't know..."
"What was it about?"
"Doesn't matter...I will go eat something." I get up and walk downstairs followed by my mom.

I make myself a sandwich and turn on the TV.

Anna's POV:
I walk around the house carrying Danny. I turn on the T.V. to see news about a car accident. I look closer and see Adam..
Omg... I can't believe it.
I grab my keys and get in the car, thinking about Adam.

Adam's POV:
My mom sits down beside me on the couch, holding pictures.
"What's that?" I ask her.
She takes out a picture of a young boy and holds it up for me to see.
"That's a 7 year old talented boy" she says. I know she means me.
I take it and look at it better, interested in the photo.
She takes out another and it's of me and some other people, on New Years I suppose. I look at all the photos and see happy people.
"Who's this?" I ask and point at a boy.
"That's your brother" she answers.
I go through all the photos like they're about someone else and not me. I feel so empty, I don't know who I am.

Knock knock!
I hear the door. My mom gets up and opens it and I see a blonde woman with a young boy.
"Adam!" She rushes inside and hugs me. I don't move while she's holding me, I'm so confused. Who are all these people.
"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I ask.
I look around and see that my mom has gone upstairs and I'm alone in my awkwardness.
"I'm Anna..." He picks up the boy.
"Sorry I can't... Remember..?"
"Yes... I know about your situation."
"Oh... Ok..." I look at her blonde hair, she's pretty.
"Who's that cute little boy..?" I smile at him.
"That's Danny!" She smiles.
"Is he your kid?"
"Yes... " she becomes quiet.
"So, where do I know you from?" I ask her.
"I'm.... Um..." She looks around as if she can't answer. I look at her insistingly.
"Your.. Wife" she scratches her head.
What?! I have a wife... Nobody told me..where was she all along?

My mom comes back and looks at Anna in a rude way.
"What are you doing here?"
"Um...I came to see Adam" Anna smiles.
"After everything you did to him!" My mom snaps.
I look at Anna's worried face.
"What are you saying mom?" I interrupt the awkward silence.
"She's not your wife! And that's not your son!" My mom shouts.
Anna stands up and rushes to the door.
"What's going on!? Anna wait!" I run after her.
"Your mother never accepted me... I'll go." She leaves.

I turn around and look at my mom.
"What did you do!?" I shout at her.
"She lied to you before! You found out that Danny isn't your kid and got drunk and now that's why you're in this condition!"
I stare in confusion...
"What if you're lying... Because you don't like her." I say.
"I'm not... I'm your mom"
I walk upstairs and lie down trying to remember something.
I close my eyes but see a girl with brown hair again. Why do I keep having dreams about her? Who is she?