Chapter 16: New Year Affairs

Adam's POV:
I see Lucy putting on her silver earrings and brushing her hair down. I keep my eyes on her body, dressed in a tight red dress and a stunning shawl.
She turns around and our eyes meet
"Are we ready to leave?" She asks
"Ya lemme just fix my tie" I walk over to the mirror and begin to make various attempts too make it perfect. Suddenly, I feel a hand behind me that turns me around
"Lemme help.." Lucy begins to tie and her face is so close to mine that I can see her strawberry lips and smell her Chanel perfume.
"Done." She runs her hand down my chest and I feel a sudden shock. I soon find my lips on hers, messing up her lipstick.
"We have to go." She smiles and pulls away.
************************************

We walk into the restaurant welcomed by the crowded tables and waiters.
"Wow, it's too crowded in here" she says as she looks around.
"Well what did you expect on New Years?" I tell her as we walk to our table.
"Good evening! What would you like to order?" A waiter asks us as soon as we sit down.
"I'd like wine...Lucy?"
"Same..."
I open the menu and choose order for me and Lucy.
"Coming right after 20 mins" the waiter tells us.
I close the menu and smile at Lucy.
"You look stunning babe." I tell her as she looks at me and smiles a bit embarrassed.
"Thanks."
"Wanna dance?"
"Sure. But there's no proper music"
I wave at the Waiter and tell him to change the music.

"Will you dance with me?" I hold out my hand and wait for Lucy to answer.
"Of course Mr. Lambert" she winks and stands up.
We walk over to the dance floor infront of all the people.
She looks at me in shyness and puts her hand on my shoulder as I wrap mine around her thin waist.
We begin to dance as I state into her eyes and red lips.
"I can't wait to finally be with you" she says
"Me too"  I kiss her closing my eyes.
She puts her fingers in my hair and I feel myself getting drunk on the feeling of being with her, I rest my head on her shoulder as we move to the music.
*************************************

"Let's eat..." I grab her hand and lead her to our table seeing our food just being set. She looks at me with a big smile and I look around all the people in the restaurant who seem to know who I am staring at us in curiosity.
I turn my head to the left and suddenly spot a woman staring at me in a familiar way. Her blonde hair against her face and a young boy beside her.
My body freezes as I stare in her angry eyes.... She looks to the side and then looks at Lucy beside me.
I look away and act like see not there as I pull Lucy's chair out to sit.
I look at Lucy and then look around trying to find Anna.
"I everything alright? Lucy looks at me in a concerned way
"Yes... It is.. "
"Are you looking for someone?"
"Ya I thought I saw a friend. Not sure."
Lucy turns around to look not sure at what and then looks at her plate.
I begin to eat silently but suddenly feel someone touch my shoulder from behind.
I turn around to see Anna staring at me with a big smile.
"It's so nice to see you here" she says and looks at Lucy
Lucy stands up and welcomes her to sit with us but I can't even open my mouth to say hello.
"You were the girl that visited Adam.... Um his high school friend right?" Lucy asks Anna.
"Yes...." Anna looks at me and brings her child closer to her as she sits down.
"So are you enjoying tonight?" Anna asks
"Yes, are you here alone?" Lucy replies
"Well I'm with my son and mother.."
Ana says as she looks me in the eyes.
"Your husband?"
"No... I. We split a long time ago. He didn't want my child.." Anna answers and keeps staring at me.
My heart begins to beat fast as I look back and forth at Lucy and then Anna.
I scratch my head and say
"Okay... Um... Is that your mom there?"
"Oh... Ya she's waiting for me..." Anna gets up to leave.
"Wait!" Lucy stops her "let's meet up some time?"
Anna looks at me and smiles "sure".
*************************************

1 hour later:
I take a soo from my glass of wine and look at Lucy, still thinking about Anna who's sitting across from us with her mother.
I take a glance at the boy with Anna... My son. He looks like me... Blue eyes and freckles.
I suddenly begin to suffocate so I look around hoping nobody notices my red face and heavy breathing.
"Adam?"
"Yes?"
"What's wrong?" Lucy asks me
"I'm not feeling well." I get up and rush to the restroom.
I know Lucy will follow me , I know she's worried.
*************************************

The faucet running, I look at my reflection in the mirror and next feel cold water splash in my face as I bury my face in my hands... I take a deep breath trying to replay the scene with Lucy and Anna.... My heart is crying with fear inside. I see more sweat on my face.

I close my eyes..seeing darkness and hearing silence, my heart pounding in my chest.
This can't be happening...
I take a couple more deep breaths , keeping my eyes closed.
I hear the door behind me close silently, high heels making noise as they walk closer to me. I feel a hand unbutton my shirt from behind and a soft massage.
I turn around and lean in to kiss her.
I press my lips on hers and run my fingers in her hair...
"Lucy... You shouldn't worry.. I'll be fine."
"Shhh..." She presses her finger on my lips and kisses my forehead as she runs her hand over my chest.
I drop my head backwards, eyes still closed.... I feel her soft lips on my chest, kissing me all over.
I press my face against hers again and breathe in her, as she breathes in me.
"I love you, Lucy... So much" i mumble as I open my eyes this time to see something else.
My heart jumps and I scream out
"ANNA?!"
************************************

I stand in a corner staring in a shock.....
She slowly walks closer to me... Holds her hand up and touches me....
"I know you want me...just like before" Anna mumbles.
I close my eyes feeling a bit drunk from the wine.
"Leave... What are you doing here. It's dangerous. Lucy shouldn't know...please" I tell her
She kisses me more and I close my eyes again...feeling dizzy.
Suddenly the entire room becomes white and I lose direction of everything.
All I can feel is someone kissing me as I do the same, in dizziness I feel like that should be Lucy, but it's not.
"Please.... Leave...please..."
"Just like before Adam... We still want eachother." Anna whispers in my ear.
My head drops on her shoulder.
*************************************

"What's going on?" Someone shouts
I wake up and lift my head from Anna's shoulder. I see Lucy standing behind us.
"Oh... What are you doing here?" Anna asks her in a fake worried voice.
"I came to see Adam. He wasn't feeling well but apparently you're here to help him..." Lucy cries out
"No Lucy! Wait it's not that... She walked in, I thought it was you.. Then-"
I try to explain but she interrupts me and leaves slamming the door.
My heart sinks.