Chapter 25: Strangers

"Don't you remember me Adam?" I hear a girl say to me in the darkness. I stare at nothing in confusion and fear.
I feel something in my heart hurt but I don't know what. The voice sounds familiar.
"Anna?" I ask.
No reply.
"Who is this? Why do I keep seeing you? Leave me alone!" I shout in tears.
I look around to see nothing but darkness which drives me crazy.

I wake up again. It's still day outside.
*************************************

Lucy's POV:
"Wanna go to that party on Sunday?" My friend asks me.
"Nah... I'll be hanging out with Kevin"
"Bring him with you" she suggests.
"Nah I'll pass."
I sit down on the couch and turn on the tv and grab my phone.
I open up twitter.
I scroll down all the tweets without even reading them.
I see a picture of a crashed car and stare at it for a while but don't read the caption.
"Who's that?" I ask Jess showing her the tweet.
"Lucy... Why are you so blind?" She says in a worried voice.
I look at the caption and see Adam's name.
'@ adamlambert I hope you're alright! I hope you can remember your Glamberts one day! We will always love you no matter what. :( '

My heart freezes and I stare at my phone.
I feel myself to begin to cry.
Adam got in an accident and lost his memory?!!

"Come on!" I grab my bag and begin to pack.
"What? Where?"
"To see Adam! You coming?"
My heart is beating so fast that I'm about to cry.
This can't be real, I keep pinching myself hoping I'd wake up but I don't.
Jess stares at me like I'm crazy but finally takes my side.

*************************************

"If he has lost his memory then he won't remember you Lucy..." Jess says as she leans back in the seat.
"HE HAS TO JESS!" I shout.
"Ok chill.. What about Kevin?"
I don't reply to her. All I can think about is Adam.

I relax in my seat and watch the clouds as we're flying in silence.
All I can think about is seeing him, and him not remembering me. But he has to, after everything that has happened.

Two days later:
I unpack at the hotel and go out to eat with Jess.
"Gosh it's hot here!" She exclaims.
"I know... " I stare around awkwardly hoping to see Adam.
"Ok chill... You have his phone number and you know where he lives so?" She tells me.
I assume she's right but I can't stop worrying.

I eat my French fries really fast while taping my foot eagerly.
I receive weird looks from Jess.
"Okay okay.. I'm full. Come on let's find Adam!" She stands up and as she pays.
I walk down the street while dialing his phone number.

Adam's POV:
I find myself in the bar today, nearly asleep...but I hear my phone ringing. I lift my head from the table and see Lucy.
Who is Lucy?
"Um... Hello?"
"......" Silence
"Hello?"
"Adam?" A quiet voice mumbles.
"Yes? Sorry Lucy.... Can you remind me who you are. I-I don't remember." Feeling awkward.
"... Adam...I'm Lucy..." I hear the girl sob.
"I'm sorry... Lucy..." Feeling bad for her.
I hang up.

Lucy's POV:
He hangs up... I begin to cry in the middle of the street.
"What happened?" Jess asks me.
"He doesn't know me!" I hug her.
"Don't worry... We'll go over at his house."
I hug her tighter and cry.

Adam's POV:
I feel awful, I just wanna remember my friends. Who was that girl. I rub my face and leave the bar...
*************************************

Lucy's POV:
I buy a donut and sit on a bench with Jess beside me.
"You're gonna get fat" Jess says in a joking way.
"I don't care" I say quietly.
My heart has sunk to the ground ever since the conversation with Adam. It's horrible to not be remembered by the one you love. I just wanna give up, it's pointless... One part of me wants to stay and the other to leave and move on, but I spent a year trying to and failed...now it just hurts me more.

Adam's POV:
"Mom!" I shout as I walk inside.
"I'm in the kitchen!" I hear her say back.
I walk into the kitchen and see her doing the dishes, greeting me with a smile.
"Are you alright?" Fading her cheerful smile when she sees me dizzy.
"Yes... I just had some beer and vodka but I'm going out tonight..to a party"
"What party??" She looks confused.
"Meeting new people, got invited by two guys at the bar I was at today"
"Getting drunk during the day aren't you ashamed?!" She says angrily.
I just ignore her and leave upstairs to my room to get ready.

I open my room's door and see clothes all over the place. I open my wardrobe and pick a green shirt and a black leather jacket. I put on black pants and a nice hat. I style my hair the way I always do and walk downstairs, being greeted by a girl.

I momentarily freeze at the sight of her green eyes staring at me in a intimidated kind of way.
I look at her long brown hair and sexy lips.
"Hey.." I say nervously.
"Um Adam we have a guest, do you mind staying home tonight?" My mom asks me staring awkwardly at the girl.
"Um... Sure...just that I'm a little tipsy you know..." I laugh and keep staring at her.
"Hi..." She says in a sobbing kind of way and I can tell she has been crying.
"Hi..who's you ;)" I wink and hug her.
"Are you alright?" She backs off.
"Just got back from a bar... Wanna go out somewhere?" I say carelessly.
"Umm no I came to see you..." She mumbles.
"Sorry I'm being a jerk while meeting you for the first time."
"No...we've met before."
"Oh...what's your name?"
"Lucy."
I remember the phone call...
"That Lucy? That called me today?" I ask.
"Ya...you don't remember me" she whispers.
"Um....sorry...haha are we friends or..?" I ask.
"It's... Not important..." She quietly says.
"Come on let's sit down and talk!" My mom interrupts the conversation.
We sit down on the couch and I see my mom staring at Lucy and me in an expectation.
Who is this girl?

The night proceeds as we eat dinner and I catch myself staring at her. She's so beautiful that I just wish I could have some alone time with her.

Lucy's POV:
"Yes, I came here with a friend but I wanted to see Adam after I heard about the accident." I say to Mrs. Lambert.
I turn my head and see Adam looking at me but he quickly looks away, this makes me smile and blush.

"Um... Mom I'm full, can I show Lucy my room?" I say sounding stupid but I wanna talk to her.
We walk upstairs and I close the door behind me.
"Why did you wanna come here?" She crosses her arms and asks me.
"How did we meet before?" I sit on my bed.
"You were on tour in London and you spilled coffee over me and messed up my new shirt..." She's about to cry but tries to sound calm and sassy.
"What happened after that?" I stare at her wet eyes.
"Um... We sorta became very close...doesn't matter..." She wipes off a tear and sits beside me.
I look at her and stroke her brown hair.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
"I just wish you could remember me" she buries her face in her hands.
"Were you my girlfriend?"
"More than that but then something happened and we had to separate, but I always knew you loved me" she's crying.

Anna told me that she's my wife and now Lucy is telling me that we dated... Who should I believe.
"Look, a girl came yesterday and told me that she's my wife... I don't know what to believe anymore"
"She is your wife... But just ask you mom, she'll tell you the truth"
I look at her and suddenly see a familiar expression.
"Adam!!!" A brown haired girls shouts as she's running away from me, I'm chasing her.
"Wait! Who are you?" I shout after her.
She turns around and smiles... I see her green eyes.

Omg... That's the girl from my dreams.
I back off a bit and stare in fear.
"What do you want?" I mumble.
"What?" She whispers confused.
"You're that girl...."
"What girl?"
"I've been having visions about!?"
"Adam are you still drunk?" She stands up and walks to the door.
"No! Wait! Don't leave! Tell me everything!" I chase her and finally manage to catch her.
"It's pointless!" She cries as I press her against the wall so she can't leave.
I can't stop looking at her , I don't know her but I feel a strong connection...like, I wanna kiss her.
I barely feel myself leaning in to kiss her but get interrupted by her cellphone ringing.

"I love you Adam" She mumbles and leaves.

*************************************

Lucy's POV:
I run away into the street followed by mrs. Lambert.
"Lucy! Are you alright? Where are you going!" She shouts.
I keep running.
I reach a dark narrow road and sit down crying.
It felt so good, I haven't felt him for so long, and now when I do, he doesn't know me... And he's still married but at least he's alright. I just wanna leave , I can't take this anymore.