Chapter 11: Tell me it's not over

"Hurry! Pick her up!"
I hear unclear voices around me and hands pulling me out- but my body's numb.
"Miss, miss....can you hear me?" Somebody shouts as they shake my head. I can hear an ambulance rushing towards us....I soon stop hearing things....everything's silent and dark again.

Adam's POV:
"BREAKING NEWS! A car hit by a truck on the highway from the airport in London!" I hear as I turn on my tv and sit on the couch. I see a picture of a wrecked car in the middle of the road and people, police and ambulance around it. Just another car accident, it happens everyday- people drive like crazy. I take a sip of my coffee at 8am and lean back on my couch.
"The accident occurred at around 4:30 pm yesterday, people say the woman driving was found at 8:20pm by passing by cars. The man who was  driving the truck is nowhere to be found" 
That son of a bitch. Who would leave and not call for help, as he is the one who caused it. This world is full of careless idiots. Poor woman.
"The woman was taken to the nearest hospital in London at 9pm and is said to be in a coma with serious injuries, blood and a broken rib. We hope she improves..." 
Hopefully, I think to myself. Then I see a picture of a brunette girl with green eyes.......
*****************

My heart stops beating.....

I drop my cup.....

I begin to feel myself suffocate in the room....

This can't be....no! NO! Lu-Lucy....
It's so surreal that I feel like I'm going to wake up any minute.
I stand up and scream

"LUCYYYYYYYYY!!!"

I fall onto my knees and stare at the picture silent...the picture disappears but I keep starring....
************************************
As I run to the door to get my jacket, I can't feel my legs...they're so numb that I collapse a couple of times....my whole body is numb and shaking. My limbs burn.
I grab my coat, money and almost forget my passport.... I know where I'm going- but I can't think straight and keep forgetting what I need....
Oh! My car keys!
*******************************

"Flight to London leaves in 20 minutes" I hear the announcement.
I rush to the gate but bump into a man with a suitcase and spill his drink. I don't have time to help 'I'm sorry'....
I rush to the gate and run inside, hearing a woman yelling for security.
OH NO!

I soon feel myself dragged out and pulled by my arms.
"LEAVE ME ALONE! Get the fuck out of my way!" I shout in a rumbling voice.
"Sir, you need to come with us." The guard says calmly.
"No NO NO! I need to get on.....it's not over! She's waiting for me!" I hear myself crying out and I can't even feel myself being dragged out of the plane because my body's so numb. I can't function right...
"He's lost his mind! Do you think he's a terrorist or he's really insane!?" One of the three security guards says.
"I don't know man! Let's interrogate him!" The chubby one says.

"NO NO NO NO! I'M GONNA MISS THE FLIGHT! I NEED TO GET ON THIS ONE! LEAVE ME ALONE! LET GO OF ME!" I shout and beg and jerk my body from side to side trying to slip away.
I'm thrown into an office room and placed in a chair in front of a desk with a well-dressed woman. I look at my feet.
"Miss, this man has lost his mind! He tried to get onto the plane without a ticket, pushed people out of his way, he insists on taking this flight." The security guard says.
The woman looks at him and then at me.
"What's the rush? Mr....."
I don't tell her my name.
"Ok, what was the reason for your behavior? Why did you consider it possible to fly on flight 12256 without a ticket?" She continues in a quiet but stern voice, waiting for a reply.
I open my mouth to explain but no sound comes out. My throat is dry, and my limbs are shaking.
"I-I...she...waiting... I need to..."
I mumble and cry. My insides burn.
"Let me....please!!" I cry out.
"The flight leaves in 7 minutes....but you need to fill out this form." She slides a sheet of paper and a blue pen for me to fill. I stare at it and finally pick it up. My hands shake but I barely make it to the end...counting the minutes...I can't perceive the questions because I can't concentrate at the moment.