Chapter 22: The Truth

1 week later:
I'm at the studio recording... Back at home, dealing with all the stress.
I get a message from Anna telling me to pick up Danny after work.
I think about the concert, people still wanting to interview me about it but it's something I wouldn't talk about because Lucy wouldn't like it.
I know the internet is blowing up about it which just worsens the situation....I close my eyes for a while and try not to think about it.

Anna's POV:
I go on my Twitter and scroll down through the newsfeed until I come across a picture that makes me freeze.
I stare at it for a moment and see Adam and Lucy. Did he lie to me about the performance? Did he go to London to see Lucy? Then I read all the comments and realize what really happened. I feel myself get angry and jealous at the way Adam is looking at her. I realize that I will never be part of Adam's heart and he will never love me like he loves Lucy. I thought he had forgotten about her but obviously not.

Hours later:
Adam's POV:
I walk through the front door, holding Danny's hand, kissing him on the cheek. I see Anna standing in the kitchen waiting but smiles as Danny runs up to her and hugs her. I say hello and walk upstairs but stop when she calls out my name.
"Adam"
I turn around
"Yes?"
"We need to talk.."
"I'm tired..."
There's a moment of silence as I stare down at my feet. The she asks me,
"Did you perform in London?"
"Yes..why?" Suspecting she knows about the incident.
"You know why..."
"I don't owe you an explanation" I tell her and walk upstairs.
She knows that I'm with her only because of Danny but I don't have to explain myself to her...
I walk into my bedroom and lay on my bed and bury my face in the blankets, feeling Lucy's perfume even though she's not here.
I feel myself falling asleep covered up in the blankets, imagining Lucy right beside me.
I remember her green eyes shining in the audience, staring at me like they're still inlove. I know she loves me, I wish she would admit it, but the fact that she never will just hurts more.

1 month later:

Adam's POV:
Walking to my car about to leave for the studio but get tripped by someone laughing. I turn around and see Danny laughing and expecting me to chase him. Running out of time, I decide to play with him for a while.
I run after him and catch him, I pick him up and put him up on my shoulders as he's laughing. We both have fun as Anna's watching us from the window.
She walks outside and holds her phone for a photo.
"Say cheese!" She shouts
*Snap*

I enjoy the moment with my son and think about how I never wanna lose him. I finally put him down and rush for work.
"Byeeee!!" He waves.
I make a funny face at him and say bye.

I haven't been this happy in a long time... I realized how much Danny means to me, even though I'm not with Lucy... I keep smiling not being able to wait to get home and spend time with him. I feel bad for being too busy for him recently but today I plan on having the best day of my life.

I fix my hair and put my shades on as I drink my coffee as I arrive at the studio.

I spend the rest if the day laughing with the guys there and feel like everything is perfect.
I get a text from Anna, sending me the picture of me and Danny she took this morning. I save it and put it as my wallpaper.

*************************************

Later that afternoon:
I stop by at the toy store and buy a toy for Danny then pick him up from kindergarten. I'm sure he's going to like it.
I park and step out of the car, removing my shades.

I see Danny and tell him to hop in the car, we're going to have a great day.
He gets happy at the toy and I drive use home.

I park and walk inside, seeing Anna watching TV.

"We're going to the the park" i announce.
Danny gets excited but Anna looks at me and says that she has to take him to the doctor.
I manage to convince her that today is a great day and that I will take care of him.
"I'll take him to the docs and then to the park. You wanna come?" I ask her.
"No... I'll just go shower then"
"Okay." I say.
I smile at Danny and tell him to get ready for outside.

Anna's POV:
I go up the stairs to shower but the doorbell stops me.
"I'll get it!" Adam shouts.
"Ok.." I keep walking.
I hear the door open and Adam calling my name.
"Yes?" I turn around and see a man standing. I know him...
I freeze at the sight of him... My heart begins to beat fast and my hands sweat.
"Hey Anna. Haven't seen you in a while..." He says and looks at me evilly.
*************************************

"Who is this?" Adam asks me as I walk to the door and welcome the man in.
Adam looks at my worried expression and asks me again.
"He's.... Um... My friend"
"Boy...friend... Ex" he snaps.
Adam looks confused.
"I don't understand..." Adam looks at both of us.."I thought you broke up."
"We did...but Anna owes me something" the man says.
"I don't.. Leave." I demand.
Adam looks puzzled but asks
"She owes you what?"
A moment of silence occurs and he finally says
"My son...."
*************************************

Hey guys I hope you like my story and please tell me how you feel about the whole thing and what you think about each character.
:) thank you