Chapter 15: Old Memories

Adam's POV:
I walk to the front door and reach to open it and when I do, I freeze at the sight of a blonde blue eyed girl who is familiar to me. She's wearing her brown coat and green pants, her velvet scarf and boots, holding a red box and a bright smile.
"Hey! Adam..." She says trying not to sound awkward.
"What are you doing here!" I say sternly.
"I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and see you. It's been so long." She says
"No one should see you here Anna!" I grab her arm and lead her outside closing the door behind us.
"Adam why are you still so bitter with me!?" She whines
"I've moved on." I tell her
"But I didn't mean what I did please forgive me baby" she cries
"No. It's too late go home." I say
She looks at me with her sobbing blue eyes for which I fell in love a year ago. But they are not the honest and innocent eyes I thought they were.
"I have to tell you something." She says in a low serious voice.
"What's that?"
"I... You have a 1 year old son Adam." She tells me.
*************************************

I freeze for a moment not being able to say a word. What did she just say.
"What? What are you talking about?!" I almost scream.
"You heard me. When you left, I was pregnant! I wanted to tell you but you didn't listen to me." She continues on with her serious tone.
"Ha ha get out if here...NOW!" I push her out the way for her to leave.
"ADAM! You can't escape the truth!" She yells back.
"How did you find me here in London? You are insane what do you want from me?!" I shout
"Someone told me that you're here with your new girlfriend. But I want you to meet your son an accept him!" She answers me crying.
I look at the ground and form my fist. I wanna go inside.
"I. Do. Not. Love. You. Anna" I make it clear for her.
"I know. But you should love him" Anna says
"You cheated on me and now you claim it's my child?!" I say
"I'm sure it's yours because he looks like you and I haven't slept with that man because you walked in!" She tells
"You get out of here and don't come back! Go to that other man and ask him to love your child." I tell her.
"Adam he-" She gets interrupted by the door that opens behind us.
"Is there a problem? Adam who is it?" My mother asks, followed by Lucy.
"Is this her? Your new love?" Anna asks looking into Lucy's confused eyes.
"Get out!" I push her and go inside.
*************************************

I look at my mother's confused look. Then at Lucy.
"She...." My mom says.
"Adam what's going on?!" Lucy asks
"Um... A high school friend. Me and her don't get along...."
"You could've invited her inside, it's Christmas..." She tells me softly.
I grab her face gently and press my lips on hers. I love her so much but suddenly all the memories of the past come rushing in.
"Ok forget it, everybody let's continue our dinner." Mom says trying to cover up for me.
I catch Lucy's eyes deep in mine as she walks to the table.
*************************************

"Adam... What's going on?" Lucy asks me as I'm getting ready for bed.
"Nothing." I say as I look away fast.
"Who was she?" She asks me
"I already told you" I say
"Okay....." She says and walks into the bathroom. I don't wanna lie to her but we are getting married and Anna is just going to ruin everything!
Me and Anna were best friends in High School until we realized that we wanna be together. We dated for 5 years and she was the most perfect girl I've ever seen then... Pretty face and beautiful personality. Always happy and generous. Until one day I saw her in bed with someone else as I had just come back from recording all day. They were having wine and were kissing like some love birds. She claimed she loved me but wasn't ashamed to do that even after a 5 year relationship, and now she comes back claiming she has a child from me.
I lie on my bed and close my eyes, I hear Lucy coming out of the bathroom so I pretend to be asleep because I just can't look her in the eyes.... It's impossible, I can't be a father! Lucy will leave me and I can't lose her.
*************************************

I turn around in bed at the sound of my phone. Who's texting me at this time? I pick up my phone and see a number
06879536321: U need to tell Lucy the truth or I will. You have 2 days. Your son needs you.
I momentarily know it's Anna. 2 days? I turn around and look at Lucy sound asleep. I run my fingers through her hair and she wraps her hand around my naked body, I close my eyes and try to imagine my son....
A little boy with ginger hair and light eyes. Or maybe blonde hair like his mother...I can't accept the fact. This is too impossible, it scares me.