Chapter 16

Filler!

Ashley's POV

I was laying in my bed, cozy and half asleep, not thinking about anything but sleep when my phone disturbed my euphoria.  I cracked open one eye and the first thing I did was glance at my window. My thick blinds kept the sun out, but I could clearly see it between the shades. The sun was still shining and I mentally hit myself because now I wouldn't get any sleep tonight. I picked up my iPhone, glaring at it because the screen was too damn bright. "This is why I'm so fucking blind." I say to no one in particular. iPhone screens were always so fucking bright. I was also the idiot that had it set to max settings. I heard Annessa laugh at me from the nearby living room.  It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

It was a text from my boyfriend. I absolutely do not want to open this, but I don't have a choice. He'd chew my ass out again. Just thinking about how he yelled at me earlier today gave me goosebumps. But this could be something important. Ugh. Reluctantly, I opened the text.

S: Hitomi Saladin, the girl who you punched, wanted to file charges against you. You were right about the connection to Duke. He just posted her bail.

Why was SHE in jail?

A: So, why was that bitch in jail? I'm not afraid of charges, it's a misdemeanor.

It was like he was staring at his phone and waiting for my response because he replied instantly. As busy as he was, Seto always replied to my messages as soon as he could.

S: No one threatens you and gets away with it. I placed a restraining order on her, her friend, and Duke. The police decided not to press charges against you for assaulting her. You should've had Hideo and Jin with you.

That means he made sure that I wasn't facing charges and once again, Seto Kaiba saved my ass. Literally this time.

A: Restraining order? That means no meeting for me! :D Well I owe you once again.

S: You're an idiot. I cancelled my meeting. I'm coming over and you're cooking.

This was his way of saying that we're having a date night. Or he didn't want what his cook was going to make him, so I was the chef of the night. Or he wanted to have a romantic date at my apartment. Yeah, probably not. He admitted a long time ago that he liked my cooking, so I found myself making food for him more often than I thought I would.

A: Well give me a time Romeo.

S: You don't need a time, you're on suspension.

Before I could reply, he double texted.

S: I'm coming at 6:30. You better make that pasta we had the last time I was over there.

He loved simple Italian American pasta dishes. I guess it's because it was so foreign to him? Nah. I thank God for my dad's ex-wife, she taught me everything I knew how to cook. When I came over here, it was Mai who taught me Japanese dishes.

I sighed and got out of bed, making my way to my bathroom to freshen up for Seto. He didn't expect much when he came over for date nights, so I didn't make an effort to look pretty. I wore a black long sleeve with my grey sweats, throwing my hair up in a ponytail. I walked out of my bedroom area and into the living room, where Annessa was stationed with a bowl of popcorn.

"Mokie and I are stargazing by the mansion tonight. So you and Seto will have the apartment for yourselves!" Annessa was grinning from ear to ear, scarfing down a handful of popcorn. "Awwh are you guys going to stargaze on the balcony by the garden?" I asked and sat down next her, taking some popcorn for myself. "Yeah! Mokie says There's a beautiful view there at night!"