Chapter 24

I'm always open to suggestions and criticisms. I want to improve my writing as much as I can. Thanks for keeping up with the story thus far! I really appreciate it.

3 weeks later.

Ashley sat in her office, working on the final stretch of the virtual world project. Seto had lifted her suspension after he basically pulled the plug on the entire situation at Burger World. It wasn't clear if he paid those hussies off or if he scared them into submission. Either way, everyone was pretty happy when the media stopped painting Ashley as a crazy lady.Now she was working again, quickly getting caught up with everything that she missed, being the workhorse that she was bred to be.  With a loud yawn, Ashley submitted the last piece to her boss, who was adamant about getting things done on Friday afternoon.

She was exhausted, the lack of sleep and extra caffeine was now getting to her. The nightmares never stopped. She only slept when she knew she was safe, and that was with Seto. Because of her lack of sleep, Ashley went full on Kaiba, firing about three people who defied her today. Three people was nothing compared to firing an entire department, but it was only the beginning. Sleep was truly her best friend, and going without it proved detrimental to her health.

The lead of animation laid back on her leather chair, putting her feet on top of her desk. Leon had brought an amazing meal for lunch, and now she just wanted a nice nap. It was about four in the afternoon, and everyone seemed to be winding down for the weekend. Ashley checked her phone, seeing a text from Leon.

L: Ryo and I just broke up.

"Ah shit." Ashley muttered to herself, texting back encouraging words to her best friend. "Texting on the job? I should fire you right now." Seto came into Ashley's office, with a few documents in hand. "I'm sorry but I'm helping a friend." Ashley wasn't sure if Leon would appreciate her telling Seto about his relationship problems, so she decided that it was best not to tell him anything.

Seto's eyes narrowed, he knew she was lying. But oddly enough, he chose not to press it. He sat on the couch next to Ashley's desk, making himself very comfortable. He chucked the papers across the desk, waiting for her to look at them. "What are these papers for?" Ashley said, replying to Leon again.

"Why don't you use your four eyes and look?" "That's so hypocritical of you. You're blind like a zubat too!" He couldn't help but chuckle at the Pokemon reference. Seto had horrible eyesight, and often stuck to contacts but wore glasses when he was at home. Ashley did the same. "Well just look at the damn paper."

Letting out a sigh, Ashley put her phone down and took the three sheets of paper. It was a flight confirmation that was usually put into Kaiba's records. Ashley had also doubled as her boyfriend's personal secretary now, since she fired the bitch one. The only thing was, she wasn't getting paid for it. Ashley didn't bother to read it and it annoyed Seto to no end.

"Okay so you want me to file these under what?" "Personal vacation. We're going on a vacation. Just you and me.." The smile slowly creeped up on Seto's face as Ashley's lit up. "Oh my gosh, stop lying! You're serious right? Please tell me you're serious!" "I'm always serious." The blonde squealed in glee, jumping out of her seat and onto her boyfriend's lap. She wrapped her arms around Seto's neck, giving him a wet kiss on the lips. 

"Where are we going?"

"Bora Bora. For two weeks."

"You sure you won't get office withdrawls?"

"You're right. Maybe I should-" "No you're not."

Ashley snatched Seto's phone from his hand, checking the weather in Bora Bora right now. "Ooh its 28** over there now! I gotta pack some bikinis hehe." "Please do." Azure eyes scanned the thick body on their lap. Seto now didn't bother to hide the fact when he checked his girlfriend out. Ashley enjoyed it as well. "When do we leave?" "Tonight. The flight takes about fourteen hours."