Chapter 4

Tobias POV

After I'm finished getting ready Tris and I walk down the hallway hand in hand to go and meet the initiates. And start training. We walk in the pit almost 40 minutes early. I turn to Tris and ask "Who do you think will show up late?" She shrugs and we continue to place out the guns for today's training. Today the initiates will learn to shoot the center of the target.

Tris and I finish early and she sits on the top of the table while I stand. I think things over in my head making a check list. One I got the ring. Two I love Tris . And Three she loves me.

"Tris I have to tell you something." I start she nods her head to continue. "Tris I've known you for over three years and..." I get down on one knee and pull out the black and green ring I got her. "Beatrice Prior will you marry me?"

I can see the shock and happiness in her.

"Oh Tobias yes yes I will marry you." She replies trying not to cry. I slip the ring on her finger and stand up and give my fiancé a kiss.

Tris POV

I'm so happy with excitement I could burst. But as soon as I see the initiates walk through the door I have to bury the excitement I felt just a minute ago.
As the initiates

Madison
Sarah
James
Connor
Lily
Jasmine
Chris
Alex
Garret
Emily
Tiffany

"Today we are going to show you how to shoot. Grab a gun and get in front of a target. NOW!" Four yells. They all scramble to the table and pick a gun and get in front of a target. I grab my own gun and get in the right position my feet under my shoulders, and the gun straight out in front of me. Four does the same.

We both aim, inhale, exhale and fire. Both of us hit the target on the bull's eye. All the initiates have there mouths open like we did a magic trick. "Now get to work!" I say so loud I don't think it's me.

After a few tries Madison and Sarah both hit the target. Closer to the center than any other initiate here. "Nice shot Madison. Next time spread your feet apart more." I say sternly. "You to Sarah."

After a while Connor and Chris get in a fight. Only God knows about what, but four goes over to break them up. Four almost has them apart when Connor socks him in the face. I automatically get up and help four.

I walk over to Connor and knee him in the groin. He falls to the floor, then I run to four to see if Connor did any damage. I pull four off the ground and say "Four, Four can you hear me. I try to pick him up but I'm too weak. "Alex, James get over here now." I scream. "Take Four to the infirmary." They carry Four off into the shadows. And I walk over to Connor who is still on the ground like a baby. I pick him up and slam him into the wall until his face is all bloody and I can see that his nose is broken. "If you ever lay a finger on Four again you can find yourself dead or faction less."

I drop Connor and say "Time for lunch put your guns on the table and go and eat. There will be no food until tonight." After they leave I don't bother taking Connor to the infirmary. I take myself there to go check on Tobias.

Tris POV

I've been sitting by Tobias's bed. He still hasn't showed any signs of movement but the doctor said that he would be fine. I give him a kiss on the cheek and start to leave when I see Madison and Sarah by the door. "Hello may I help you." I ask. "Well we just wanted to stop by to see how Four is. And to tell you sorry for not helping him." Says Sarah.

"That's ok there's nothing you guys could have done." I state. "I couldn't even do anything." "Well we wanted to come and say sorry for Four getting hurt Connors a real ass." They both say. "I figured." I say agreeing with them. "I like you two." I say and give Four another kiss on the cheek and walk out of the room.

Tris POV

I'm sitting in the pit waiting for the initiates to come from lunch when I hear footsteps from behind me. I turn to see who it was. I find it out to be just another person I don't know walking to the cafeteria. I get up to go to the cafeteria myself. When I walk in I can see all the initiates having a good time and laughing. "Alright everyone that's with me pick yourselves up and get back in the pit. NOW!" I say yelling.

As they walk back to the pit I can see them giving me dirt looks. I just focus my eyes on one thing. After all my initiates are out I walk behind them keeping my footsteps standby and not like I'm going to fall over. As I'm walking I feel firm hands fall on my waist. "Nice handle on things sweetie." Says Four. I turn to make sure no one is looking and plant a big kiss on him. "I missed you.ready to finish." I ask. "Missed you to. I guess I have to be ready." He states.

"You should have heard what I said to Connor." I say
"Why what did you say." He asks.
"I told him that if he laid another finger on you ever again that he could find him self faction less or dead."
"Oh that's my Tris."

And we walk hand in hand back to the pit.