Chapter 12

Tris POV

We are all back in the Dauntless compound after what just happened on the train. Tobias already left to go and see if he can talk to Eric now or has to wait till his trail. So now I'm alone with a bunch of pissed of initiates.

"Everyone please go back to dorms now and get back to bed tomorrow you have to fight so be ready." I yell over them, once they hear me some let out a little grumble and huff back to the dorm room.

Once again I'm alone in the middle of the pit. When I decide that I should head to bed. I pick myself up and head to the apartment. I put the key in the lock and enter the room. I decide to take a shower and leave a note for Tobias. I hop in the shower and scrub my head and wash my body, getting the the day off me. I get out and here a slam of the door, I wrap my towel around me and make my way out of the bathroom.

"Hello?" I say

"Sorry to startle you but I'm soo mad." Say Tobias as he give me a kiss.

"Why are you so mad?" I ask going into the bedroom to get my pajamas.

"Well the guards said that I wasn't allowed to speak with Eric now and I wouldn't be able to speak with him."

"Well what did the guards say when you told them that you were the victims son?" I ask coming out clothed.

"They stared at me blankly like they were dumb." he says and lets out a defeated sigh.

I pull him toward me and pull him down on the couch. I kiss him softly on the lips and he pulls me in more forcefully. My hands trail his back up and down and then he pulls away and nods toward the bed. I get up and make my way over to the bed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++ 2 and a half weeks later++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tobias POV

It's been almost two and a half weeks since Eric was charged with the murder of my father. I still feel a little bit down but I knew I could count on Tris to make everything feel better. Tonight is the welcoming of the 10 new Dauntless members. I'm now trying to figure out the ranks of everyone and so far

1. James

2. Alex

3. Madison

4. Sarah

5. Jasmine

6. Thomas (Dauntless born)

7. Joey (Dauntless born)

8. Emily

9. Delia (Dauntless born)

10. David (Dauntless Born)

I finish up by putting their names into the computer so we have them on file. I get up from my desk and make my way out of the control room. I lock the door behind me and go to find Tris to get ready for the party. I'm walking in the door and I see Tris on the floor her face buried in her knees and I can hear a faint sob.

"Hey is everything okay?" I ask knowing it's not.

"Oh" she says startled "sorry, my mom just called-" and she starts to trail off

"What did she say?"

"She said my dad died of a heart attack."

"Oh... I'm sorry Tris I'm always here for you and you know that" I Say sitting down next to her and pulling her into a hug.

"Well our fathers could be apart. Now could they" she said with a small laugh. I laugh too and we start to drift off into sleep.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 hour later ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I jolt awake and find Tris still in my arms, her face smeared with tears. I move her careful not to wake her and check the the time on my watch. 4:44. I move back over to Tris and gently shake her awake. It takes me a few tries to wake but when I do I tell her what time it is and to go get ready. She nods her head at me and takes off into the bathroom. While I wait for her to finish I tidy up the place. When I hear the shower stop I go by the door when Tris comes out.

When she comes out I grab her and pull her into a kiss. She's a little startled at first, but warms up. I pull her onto the bed and kiss her harder. But between a breath she stops me and says "Tobias we can't waste anymore time." I grown and go get in the shower. By the time I'm out Tris has on her makeup and she has on a black dress that she bought with Christina one day.

"Wow" I say

"What to much?" she asks

"No no, just wow. You look beautiful."

"Well thank you and so do you towel boy." she says with a laugh.

I grin and head over to the dresser and pull out my black slacks and a black polo with my black dress shoes. Tris has black knee high boots with her short dress. Once we are both ready we head out to meet Christina and Will.

We make our way into the pit and once we are in we are greeted with cheers and shouts. Tris and I make our way onto the stage next to Max. Max tries to put up a hand to quiet the crowd down but it doesn't work, he has to yell into the microphone to quiet the crowd. Once they settle down Max begins with

"Hello and Welcome to the Dauntless initiation. Lets welcome our trainer this year. Four and Six!" the crowd erupts with cheers. Max hands the microphone over to me to announce this year's members.

"In 10th place David!
In 9th place Delia!
In 8th is Emily!
In 7th Joey!
In 6th Thomas!
In 5th Jasmine!
In 4th place Sarah!
In 3rd Madison!
In 2nd Alex!
And in 1st James!"I say and the crowd once again erupt into cheers. I turn off the mic and make my way off the stage. I notice some of the people from the crowd brought chairs and lifted the members into the air.

The music starts to play and Tris pulls me onto the dance floor. We dance for a few minutes then the DJ announces theirs karaoke. Christina pulls Tris off to the table to sign up. They come back minutes later laughing and giggling.

"Now what did you do?" I ask

"Oh you'll see." Tris says with a big smile on her, then the DJ calls my name.