Chapter 8

Madison POV

I stare Four down as he's getting ready to let go of knife. Then it hits the board with a bang. My reflexes would have been to jump but knowing I'm in dauntless I shouldn't. I let out a shaky breath and await the next knife. That one hit just like the last one but a little closer to the top of my head. I can't even let out another breath before the next knife comes sailing at me and hits right next to my hip.

"Now you should learn to keep your mouth shut." Says Six. I just nod my head not wanting to get in more trouble.

"Now hopefully you picked up on what I was doing because now it's your turn get three knives and go to a target." Says Four.

Everybody does as their told not want to do what I just did.

Once I get my three knives I'm at a target and practicing my footing and arm work.

"Very nice strategy Madison." Says Six and she gives me a "I'm sorry" smile. I nod back and she looks relieved. I practice my footing a little longer before I actually let go of the knife. When let I finally let go the knife went right in the center. All I hear is Four and Six clapping. When everybody else sees what just happen they all give me dirty looks. Some saying "Nice job" and some saying "You're going to pay."

"Alright everyone time for lunch you have a half hour we will get you but be here on time." says Six and dismisses us.

I put my knives on the table and head to the cafeteria. I walk in and get in line. I'm waiting by myself in line when Six and Sarah ,I think her name is, walk in line behind me and congratulate me.

"Thanks but all I did was throw a knife not like I won a marathon." I say joking.
"Well you were the only transfer to hit the target. especially in the center."points out Six.
"Well that's true but I still don't feel like I did anything." I say.
"Well you did so get over it." Says Sarah with a smile. Before I know it we are at the front of the line.
"I'll have a cheeseburger, Fries, cake and some soda please." I ask the lunch laddie.

Once we all have our food I sit where I normally do and start to think things over. Like my family back home, and all my friends back there, but I'm interrupted when Six comes over to my table with Sarah, Four and two other boys I don't know.

"Mind if we sat with you?" Asks Sarah. I shake my head and they all place their trays down and sat down. Sarah next to me, Six and Four on the other side and the two boys on the end.

"So who are your friends?" I ask.
"This is Zeke." she says pointing to the boy on the left "and this is Uriah." pointing to the boy on the right.
"Nice to meet you." I say taking a bite of my burger.

Tobias POV

I'm eating my cheeseburger while we sit with Tris's friends.

"So Four are you and Six still dating?" Asks Zeke curiously.
"Yes you ass you are one of my groomsmen!" I tell him
"Oh, yeah that's right."  He says with dumbfound in his voice

"So wait you two are dating?" asks Madison.
"Yes we have been dating for almost 2 years." I say
"Oh you don't seem like you would be with each other." she replies.
Before I answer again I look at my watch to check the time.

"Alright everyone with me and Six let's go!" I yell over the crowed.

I grab my tray and head to the trash can. I dump my tray and start toward the pit. Before I get to far I feel little hand on my arm to stop me. I turn to see who it is.

"Four look I'm sorry it got heated in there but I didn't mean to offend you or Six but I still have some parts of candor left in me and I'm trying to get rid of them." says Madison with an apologetic smile on her face and in her eyes.
"It's ok I just don't everyone to get the impression that they can push us around, I needed to make an example. But I am sorry" I say and give her a smile.
"Thank you Four." she replies and makes her way to the pit.

After she leaves I feel Tris wrap her hand in mine.
"What was all that about?" asksTris.
"She just wanted to say she was sorry for offending us back there." I reply
"And what did you say?"
"I told her that it was fine but I needed to tell the others that we are in charge." 
"I surely hope you didn't make a wrong choice." She says and pulls me down for a kiss.

Tris POV

We make our way back to the pit toward the punching bags to begin this afternoon's training. Today Four will teach them how to fight and tomorrow will be the fights.

"Alright everyone hope you're full because this afternoon we will begin to train for the fights. You better pick up on some good skills because Eric will be observing tomorrow during to fights." I say "So everyone turn our attention to Four and he will demonstrate a few easy moves.

After I finish Four makes his way over to a punching bag that's hanging up and gets in his stance.

"Your feet shouldn't be too far apart and your arms should block your face. But hold them to high and you can get hit in the lower sections of your body." says Four.

I would help him but from the mishap last night I don't think I should help. Four shows them five different moves and then sends them to practice.

Then he comes back to my side and wraps his arm around my hip.
"Nice demonstration, you looked really sexy out there." I say with a big smile on my face.
"Thanks wanted to know when we were going to start planning the wedding?" He asks.
"Well I'm supposed to go dress shopping with Christina later after training"
"Ok I can go and get fit for a tux then and bring my groomsmen with me. Who are your bridesmaids?"
"Well Christina's my maid of honor and I was going to ask Lynn, Marlene, and maybe Jade can be our flower girl."
"Ok th-" But before he can finish he is interrupted with piercing scream coming from the initiates. I look to see where it can from and I see it came from Tiffany. I run over to where she lays on the floor clutching her leg.

"Tiffany what the hell happened?" I ask.
"I was doing the moves that Four showed us and when I went to kick the bag my leg was ripped up by something." She relies in pain.

I look at Four and he goes over to the bag and starts to rip off the leather only to find a huge collection of steak knives jammed in there.

"Tiffany was there anyone who would want to get payback of any kind on you?" I asks and she just shakes her head to dismay the thought.
"Ok Four can you take to the infirmary and fast she's losing a lot of blood." I say and her hurries off with her.

"Alright everyone back to work." I yell and they all scramble back to their bags. As I wait for Four to come back I start to think of who should fight who. I look at our group and see that here is really not any strong or big like there was with my group. Well them I think to myself  that the strongest people in the group are probably Connor, Madison, Sarah and Chris. The next strongest would probably be Tiffany, Jasmine, James, Emily and Alex. And the weakest are Garrett and Lily.

These are going to be interesting fights tomorrow.