Chapter 7

Tobias POV

"My father has been shot." I reply. Tris's face goes pale and I can see her start to shake.
"Tris you don't have to worry about it." I plead.
"Yes I do he is my fiancés father I need to worry." She says in a shaky voice. But she tries to change the subject.
"So have you heard the good news?" she asks with a sad smile.
"No I haven't."
"Christina and Will are having another baby!" She says more joyful now.
"Oh really I will have to congratulate them." I say with a half smile.

I yawn and start to make my way to bed. I've had along day and don't think I can take much more. Tris follows careful not to upset me more. Then I feel a tiny pair of hands around my waist and I can feel my shirt inching up my back.

I turn around and grab Tris and pull her shirt off to. Then I reach down toward her neck and kiss her. She sighs and I move up toward her lips. She runs her hand down my back tracing over my tattoos. I pull back and slump on the bed waiting for her next move, but all she does is curl up next to me and we drift off together.

Tris POV

Tobias and I both wake up early the next morning. We both hop in the shower together and got ready.

"So did you make any friends yet?" Asks Tobias.
"Well I think I'm on a good path with Sarah and Madison. Madison's from candor and Sarah is from amity." I reply.
"Really amity to dauntless?"
"Yep I'm going ahead and get breakfast are you going come too or are you going to set up the knifes?" I ask.
"I'll go get started while you get breakfast. Love you." he says as I slip on my ring.
"I love you to Mr.Eaton." I say.
"I love you more Mrs.Eaton."
I give him another kiss and make my way to the door. I slip on my boots and grab my coat.

I start walking in the hallway when I decide to go and tell the initiates they have 15 minutes to be at the pit.

"Everyone there's been a little change in plan. You will have to be at the pit in 15 minutes now. Don't be late!" I say and walk out the door before any questions.

I'm in line to get breakfast for me and Tobias. "Two muffins please." I tell the woman at the counter. I grab my bag and start to make my way to the pit.

I walk past the cold rush of the chasm and enter the pit. There I see Tobias starting to set up the knives for today's practice.  

"Hey nice job." I say
"Thanks, muffin please." he says. I hand him his muffin and I bit the top off of mine.
"You eat your muffin the wierdest way" He says with a smile.
"Oh well that how it eat my muffins." I state. He smiles and pulls me into a kiss. "Now there's something you never did wrong." he says. I smile and we continue to set up the knives and the targets.

"You should throw knives at me this year again and then pick one of the smart ass candor to throw at." I say
"Sure but this time I won't hit your ear." He says with a smile.

After a while longer the initiates walk through the door. Some still asleep.

"Time to wake up everyone no more nap time." says Tobias "Today we will throw knives and this afternoon we will teach you how to fight. The fights will begin tomorrow we will explain how you will be scored."

"Grab three knives and get in front of a target." I say. After all of them have their knives, there is one open target left. I nod to Tobias and he picks up three knives as well.

"Alright everyone listen up. I'm going to show you how to throw." Says Tobias.

I start to make my way to the center of the target when I hear Madison say "What the hell is she doing she going to get killed!"
"No I'm not." I rely answering her question without her asking.
"Yes you are why would you let him do that to you?"
"Because I can trust him and you should too."
"I should trust him why would I do that?"
"Because he is your instructor and you should have faith in him." I say in reply a little angry with her.
"Well I wouldn't did if I had to." she states. Oh you didn't just say that I think.
"Ok if you wouldn't do it than come here." I say slowly and quietly. She starts to make her way to the front of the group.
"You have two options 1. You can stand her and let Four throw knives at your or 2. You can hang over the chasm." I say sternly.

She takes a deep breath and stands in front of the target. I make my back next Tobias's side and say "Go easy on her don't put a scratch on her please." He nods and takes a deep breath and throws the knife.