Chapter 5

Tobias POV

Once Tris and I are in front of the initiates they go back and grab their guns and head back in front of the targets.

Sarah, Madison, James Chris and Alex all hit the center more than once. Once it hit 8:30 we sent them to eat and back to their rooms by 10:00.

Today has been a long day and finally I'm back in the apartment and just getting ready to take off my shoes when tris walks through the door and says "Hey fiancé I've got a surprise for you." "Oh really what is it?" I ask

"I can't tell you unless you come with me." She says using her finger to draw me to her. She gives me a kiss and I ask her. "Was that my surprise?" "No silly you have to come with me to find out!"

When we reach the door I grab my jacket and we head out the door. We reach the train tracks and I'm pretty nervous when I see Zeke, Uriah, Will and some other people from my initiate class.

We get on the train when it arrives. Tris and I get in a car that only has us in it so we can be alone. I look at my watch and it's already 9:30 it's going to be a drag to get up tomorrow for training but who cares. It only takes a few minutes to get where we are going. Tris and I jump out and I realize where we were going.

I look up and see the 100 story Hancock building.

"Tris are we going zip lining?" I ask my words are shaky.
"Yes. I thought you would like to finally get over this fear." She says.
"Yes I would like to but I don't think I can now." I reply
Instead of saying anything back she just pulls me closer. She steadies me when she does this. I wrap my arm around her waist.
"So how long have you been doing this?" I ask
"This will be my 4th year that's why I thought I would bring you this time." She says and a smile places across her face. I nod as we enter the Hancock building. I think of the fear that awaits me at the top of this building.

We all enter the elevator. Of course this elevator is made of glass. So I can see the city becoming smaller, the high we go. Tris can see me starting to shake. She squeezes my hand and pulls me closer even though I'm facing one of my fears now.

The elevator dings and we all file out. "Tris..um how do we get on the roof?" I ask my voice is really shaking now. She has a small smirk on her face and point to the ladder that's out the window. I can feel my heart drop and my face goes pale.

Now it's my turn to climb out the window and onto the ladder to get to the top of the Hancock building. I wipe my sweaty palms off in my pants as I watch Tris climb to the top of the ladder. I can hear a faint "go ahead four." And now I know it's my turn.

I grasp the first ring of the ladder and look out into the dark night. Trying not to look down so I don't shit myself.

I start to grab the next ring when I see tris's head pop out from off the roof. She has a big beautiful smile across her face and is almost laughing at me.

I grab the next ring trying to ignore the look on her face. I grab the next ring and try to get in a rhythm to climb the ladder.

Pretty soon I'm at the top go the roof. Tris is near the edge to help me on and is quietly clapping to herself.
"That was amazing, I thought you would have backed out." She says still smiling.
"Well when have you known me to back down?" I reply
"Never and I hope not now." She says pointing to the zip line.

She can see that I'm more nervous now than I was climbing the ladder. So she grabs my hand and pulls me into a kiss.

"Hey Tris don't get too frisky over there!" Calls out Uriah.

Without breaking the kiss, Tris pulls her hand away from my neck and gives Uriah the middle finger and I can hear Uriah laugh.

"Alright four!" Yells Zeke giving me a pat on the back. "Ready for the time of your life?" He asks
"I guess I have to be." I answer.
"So how are you going down?" He asks.
"We are going down head first." Replies Tris before I can get a word out.
"Ok then Four on this side and Tris on the other." He tells us.

I do as I'm told and I'm on my stomach and strapped in tight. Tris is the same way. We wait for the "ok" from down below. I don't even hear it when I feel the wind on my face. Tris grabs my hand and gives it a little squeeze.

️I try to keep my eyes open so I can see the big smile on tris's face. I can see my reflection in the Hancock building next to me and I look pale as can be. I try to smile and I let out a little "ahhhhhh" and Tris does the same.

I can see we are reaching the end of the track and I motin too Tris to ask where the brakes were. She turns around and grabs a rope and I follow the same. We are getting closer and closer with every passing second and as soon as we are only a ew feet from the target I hear Tris yell "NOW!" We booth pull the rope at the same time.

We come to a stop and we have to unbuckle our selves and we fall into a strong brace of arms. Once we are out of the big group I run to find tris. I can see her on the sidewalk over by the building.

Her face is all red from tears. "Tris, Tris!" I scream "What's wrong are you hurt?"
She nods her head and sticks out her arm. "I, I broke my arm." She stampers through sobs. "Everything is going to be fine." I say calmly and pick her up to head back to the train.

I can hear a faint whistle in the background but it's to far away we can't wait that long. I start to jog back to the compound.