I'm 8ack

[Wow, okay so I want to realllly apologize for sorta pausing as I always do. Like I just changed schools, which doesn't sound like much, but let me explain. I now LIVE on campus and devote more time to homework than I thought possible. And when I'm not doing homework, I'm trying to catch up on a book or hang out with friends.

At the moment, I am trying to update and no I don't update often because between oneshots and three or so books I tried to continue to write (yeah no, tbh I haven't updated like four other stories in a year) and then I realized I haven't posted chapters in six months. Oops. 

So whenever I get a change, I do intend to update, though that wont be often. Any comments, please drop em down below. <3]

Rae's POV

I pushed open the door to Dirk's apartment and was suddenly deafened by the volume of the music. I pressed my hands against my ears and continued to walk in, glancing around for familiar faces. Old classmates were scattered in the crowd but I wasn't looking for them. "RAEEEEBAEEEE." I whirl around, hands out, "ROXYYYYY." I responded, trying to yell over the music. 

She launched her body at me, tripping over someone's foot and flying straight into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her to support her but blushed dark red. "Oof." She muttered against me, pulling away to hug me. "I missed you." She winked and kissed my cheek before running back off into the crowd. 

I turned back to Dirk with a shrug. "It's Roxy." I commented. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed me quickly. "Really? Honestly, I couldn't tell." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away before brushing hair behind my ear nervously. I wasn't quite okay with talking yet and even more so with hurting someone. I really hope he didn't think I was intending to hurt his feelings when I pushed him - he's laughing.

I peered up at him as he tried to contain his laughter. "Right. Sorry, you're just not acting like yourself right now but yet you are all at once." I stood there for a moment, confused. How am I not acting like myself? Is it the fact that I speak now? Who knows...He grabbed me by the waist and pulled my close, whispering into my ear, "It's a good thing, relax. You've been nervous since the accident." 

I gave a little aggravated laugh, "Well I mean, that tends to happen when you get in a wreck." He kissed down my neck slowly, "I'm going to fix that." I blushed dark red and pulled away, walking towards the kitchen to get a drink. That boy. He might just be the death of me. We are in public, PUBLIC. That's so embarrassing, I mean you don't just do that in front of a group of people. I squeezed past a couple pressed against the wall...and if they aren't a couple then I don't WANT to know what they are. I stumbled into the kitchen, finding myself in someone's arms. "Thank you so much!" I pulled away to look at who saved me. Kyle. 

In about three seconds, I tore out of the room, running across the hall into Dirk's room. I knew he was running after me but I knew where I was going. I opened the door, slamming it shut after me. Kyle started slamming on the door while yelling out, "OPEN THE DOOR RAELYN. OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR." Wow, it was just like school. I quickly locked it and ran into the closet, shakily messaging Dirk.

Rae: Dirk?

Rae: Dirk are you there?

Rae: Shit, I need your help.

Rae: I'm hiding in your room.

He still didn't respond so I closed my eyes and hummed music. Five minutes later, he stopped pounding on the door. I opened the closet doors and pressed my ear to the door to the hall. All I could hear was the music...or well feel it really. I opened the door a little and peered out, checking for signs of Kyle. He wasn't there. 

I let out a sigh in relief, closing the door and laying down on the bed. Why do all parties have to go shittily? I mean, I haven't had one party where something was good for a change. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes, unconcerned with the unlocked door. Kyle had by now changed targets. He probably found some teenager showing a little bit too much skin. I brushed the hair out of my face as Ghost Town started blasting in my ears. 

Where is Dirk anyway? I pulled out my phone and checked the messages. There were still none from him. I closed my eyes again, listening to the music.

***

I felt someone touch my shoulder and my eyes opened in alarm. They focused on Dirk and I breathed out in relief. "Hey," He whispered. I gave him a small smile, brushing his hair back into place. "You texted me, what's going on?" He sat down on the edge of the bed, giving me my space. Doesn't Dirk get it? I'm just your typical teenager. I DO actually enjoy the touching thing and possibly kissing which he seems to think isn't a big deal in public but in private is another story. Groan.

I shrugged and sat up, playing with my fingers. He sat there in silence for a moment, motionless. "No." He stated. I glanced up at him before staring at my own fingers. I shrugged and grabbed my phone, typing up a note so I could reply to him. 'It was nothing, really don't worry about i-' Dirk snatched my phone and held it up above his head. "No. We are not going back to square one. You can't just stop speaking now." 

Actually I can, very much so. I scoffed and crossed my arms, staring at the ground. What did he expect me to do? It's not like I want to speak. I also prefer to communicate however. He sighed before getting up. "Whatever, I can't force you." He handed me my phone before walking to the door. "W-Wait." I called out, looking up at him. He turned back around and breathed out in relief. "What's going on, Rae?" 

I bit my lip for a moment before opening my mouth to speak. Should I tell him? No, it would only make things worse. "I was just feeling lonely and wanted your attention. I was messing around." Wow. Wow. Officially, Raelyn Johnson will die from horrible lies. Even I know that was bad and I am the one who invented it.   Dirk shrugged and took my hand, squeezing it. "You can tell me anything, okay?" 

I nodded and kissed him softly on the corner of his mouth. He pulled me close and threaded a hand through my hair. This. This right here is why I haven't totally given up on Dirk yet. He has the air of mystery and I never know how he will react to what I do. I pressed against him, kissing him slowly as he shifted more onto the bed. He pulled me into his lap fully, smirking. I groaned, tilting my head up. "Hm?" He commented, kissing down my neck. "What is with that smirk?" I questioned, shivering in delight. 

He nipped my neck before slipping his hands into my shirt. "Don't worry about it." And that was all it took before we were goners. I pulled him on top of me, giggling. "Fine by me." 

[Wow okay so that wasn't exactly what I was planning to write but that works. Sorry about that by the way guys. I got out of class twenty minutes early and this is all I worked on. I've been out of class for a while now and am blowing off the high level of homework that is about to be unleashed. 

Soooooo to be honest, I haven't actually written in a while. If there are any errors or flaws, please let me.]