Where'd You Go?

[Sorry for the last update, it was semi-rude of me. And I do say semi-rude seeming as it is my story, and you are free not to read it at will. ^.^ However, I do always come back with happy endings, for sad endings break the hearts. (And I hate sad endings so much)
So while Xbox Live is down, I'm going to resume updates, and try to fix the horrible ending I gave to the last chapter. Gomen.]

Dirk's POV

I could hear my phone vibrating in my pocket so I groaned and put down the arm that I had JUST spent so much time trying to put on. I wiped the grease off my hand and pulled my phone out my pocket without checking to see who it was. "Hello?" I asked, tilting my head to prop the phone up while I walked to the kitchen.

"Hey Dirk, what's up?" Rae said. This was a surprise, I don't think would ever hear her call of her own free will. I smiled and chuckled. "Not much, just fixing robots and talking to my girlfriend. What about you?" I waited for a second, opening the fridge. "Oh just driving home from Georgia," She responded. At the same time she sounded happy, something seemed to be weighing her down. But maybe I'm just making it up.

 "Hmm...seems fun, I do appreciate the call, but was there a reason why you called?" I asked. After a short pause, she spoke up again. "I uh...wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date..." I smirked and leaned against the refrigerator, holding up my phone to  my ear, "Well yeah, I mean you AR-" I cut off once I heard Rae scream. Suddenly I could hear metal twisting and crunching over the phone.

Oh god, she just got in a wreck. "Rae, Rae are you there?" I gripped the handle, nervous. "Rae?" I asked after three seconds of no response. "Oh god," I shakily grabbed Bro's keys, not even caring about what I looked like. I put my phone in my pocket and ran out the door, running right into Bro.

"Ugh, move!" I snapped, trying to dodge around him. He put a hand on my shoulder and chuckled, "What's with the hurry Dirk? Got a girl waiting on you?" He ruffled my hair. The weak part of my mind whispered, "Maybe not anymore." But that made me want to puke, so I shook my head and shoved it away.

"Bro, my girlfriend just got in a wreck, I don't even know if she is alive anymore, I have got to go!" I know I sounded desperate, but I wasn't going to lose her. There was no way. "Don't let her go," He said calmly and quietly, releasing me slowly.

I bolted out the door, unlocking the car in a haze. It was hard to see through the tears, not that I cared. I could see well enough. I was shaking so bad, there was no way I was going to lose her now. I finally had the guts to tell her that I like her after this long.

I jerked it into reverse and tore out of the parking lot. I didn't know where to go, I mean where do you go? To the hospital? I guess. I raced there, shaking. But, despite the fact that it's a twenty minute drive, to me it felt like four hours.

I parked and locked the car, running to the front desk, not caring who got in my way. I pushed someone out of the way and spoke to the person at the desk. "Is Rae Johnson here?" She frowned at me but looked down her list, sighing. "The girl was just put into surgery, she should be able to be seen in two hours or so," The lady smiled at me. "If you want to wait here, I can tell you when she is ready." I frowned and spoke sharply, "But she is alive right?" The lady chuckled, "Yes, she is alive, now please have a seat sir."

I nodded, trudging to a seat. This is horrible. But what did Bro mean by "Don't let her go" anyway? What is that supposed to mean? I sighed and rubbed my face before letting my arms fall at my sides. This was going to be a long two hours.

But Bro was right about something, don't let her go. If she dies, I'm not sure that I can move on. I spent too much time on the internet and here with her to lose her. Wait...do I...love her? It's too early for that.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. "Where'd you go? I miss you so, it seems like it's been forever since you've been gone."

[No this wasn't a long chapter, however it was supposed to be. However, I just didn't want to put Dirk's POV and another in one chapter. Bleh. But! I am thinking about doing something interesting for Christmas to do with my readers! Just...not sure what yet. But if you have any suggestions, please do comment or leave a message in my inbox~]