Chapter 10: "With a New Guy"

TDWT: Miranda's Way (Episode 10: Newf Kids on the Rock)

Miranda's POV:

I woke up again, once again on Alejandro's lap. But this time, he woke me up by playing with my hair.

I whined, trying to shoo him away. "Stop...it tickles."

"That's the point, mi dulce." he chuckled.

He twirled my dark blonde hair in his fingertips, letting it fall on my nose, which was the worst feeling ever.

"I said stop..." I groaned, turning to face him.

"But it's time for you to wake up, mademoiselle."

I smiled, remembering all of the wonderful events in Paris. That dance he had set up for me, was truly one of the best things I've ever done.

I opened my eyes. "Fine. But only 'cause you called me that."

I looked up to see him smiling. "Buenos dias, Miranda."

I chuckled. "Morning, chico."

I sat up, sitting beside him. I noticed DJ all by his lonesome on the other side of the room. I felt awful for him. I couldn't imagine being a team of one this early on in the game.

"I don't know what to say to him. I've always been the alliancee, not the alliancer." Owen mumbled.

"It's like asking a girl out, except it's a guy." Noah replied.

I wanted to die of laughter. But I had to accept a lot of snickers.

"Oh...! Um, hey DJ!"

DJ looked up at him.

"Hey! You wanna go for hot dogs with my buddy, Noah? He said your legs are nice." Owen whistled.

DJ looked really crept out.

That's what got me. I broke out into fits of laughter, falling onto the floor and holding my stomach for dear life.

"Yeah, 'cause that's exactly what I told him to say." Noah muttered.

It took me a while to get off the floor and calm down. I wiped a tear from my eye and sighed.

"That was something else..." I chuckled.

"One cannot blunder into an alliance, friends." Alejandro said.

"Why couldn't you lose, so Lindsay could still be here?!" Tyler growled.

DJ scowled.

"Anger, also doesn't help."

"Listen, I'm sorry! I tried, okay? You only have to put up with me for one more day!"

"Going somewhere, DJ?" Alejandro asked.

"I'm losing the next challenge!"

"What!?" I shot up from my seat, going over to him.

"No! You can't quit!"

"What's the point in being on a team when you're the only one on it, Miranda? It's not like I'm gonna win."

I sat beside him. "But, you have to stay! We'll miss you...I'll miss you."

Alejandro's POV:

I was extremely confused on what I was hearing.

Miranda would miss DJ if he were to quit? She hasn't said that about anyone else. Why him all of a sudden?

"I need to leave this place so I can be free of this curse. I don't want to hurt any more animals."