Chapter 15: "Futuristic Lover"

TDWT: Miranda's Way (Episode 15: The Ex-Files)

Miranda's POV:

Gossip is something I don't get into very much.

But, if it was making Courtney miserable, I had to be a part of it.

My teammates were talking trash about Duncan, who had recently cheated on Courtney with Gwen, even though the two had broken up already.

He was holding an ice pack to his eye and his lower region. He definitely got the beating, but it was nice to see Courtney pathetically crying on the floor before she kicked him.

I started to hear what my team was saying.

"I'm serious. The guy's a jerk with a captial G." Tyler mumbled.

I couldn't help but snicker at that. I scooted closer to Tyler to hear better.

"I'd never cheat on my Lindsay the way he hurt Courtney. He deserved two kicks to the-"

He was interrupted by Owen, who was wearing a crushed gold medal.

"Permission to speak freely. You know, athlete to athlete."

"What happened to your medal?" Tyler asked.

"Huh? Oh, I ate the chocolate. So good."

That got my attention.

"Those were made of chocolate? If I knew that, I would've won that tie breaker!"

I saw Alejandro chuckle to himself as I said that.

"Well, then I refilled it with peanuts, ate those. Refilled it with foam packing peanuts, ate those. Puked up a painful white cloud, and didn't refill it."

He chuckled nervously, continuing.

"Uh, jock talk aside, the way I see it, Duncan is a double gold medalist, in the Total Drama Babe Olympics!"

"There's a Babe Olympics?" Tyler looked shocked.

I broke down laughing. "Yes, Owen that is the best thing I've ever heard you say!"

I ended up falling on the floor, laughing.

Alejandro had to help me off the ground, I was that hysterical.

I ended up sitting with him after that. Owen continued to explain his theory.

"Well, Duncan is the only guy in TD history to score two hotties!"

"Courtney and Gwen? Punk's got mojo!" Tyler was mind blown it seemed.

"Hold on, hold on. Since when is Courtney hot? Like, is that a thing?" I asked.

Alejandro chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist, causing me to flinch a bit.

I smiled back up at him. "Nice."

He shrugged. "I try, mi dulce."

He kissed my forehead gently. "Now, if you'll excuse me."

He got up, most likely to go to the confessional.

Alejandro's POV:

I closed the confessional door to vent.

"Problem, Duncan is a strong player. Solution? Courtney is volatile. She'll throw the Amazons off their game, and Duncan off his game too. All she needs is a little push. And hopefully Miranda will catch on to help out. If that's the case, we'll be unstoppable."

I went back to Economy to find that the plane had started shaking violently.

Miranda was holding onto a rope to keep herself from flying around the plane.