Chapter 24: "I Failed You"

TDWT: Miranda's Way (Episode 24: Hawaiian Style)

Alejandro's POV:

This...makes no sense.

Miranda was the one to warn me about Sierra and Cody voting me off, but why would she if she was siding with them?

My head was spinning with different questions, scenarios, and emotions.

Why did she do it? Was this her plan? What made her do something like this?

My chest felt heavy, it was causing me pain.

I was staring at the passports, and I didn't realize the tears sliding down my cheeks until they hit them.

I wiped my cheeks roughly. I'd never felt so blind in my life.

I never should've trusted her. This must've been her plan all along. She wanted me gone right from the start. She knew how big of a threat I was, she was just waiting for the easiest opportunity to stab me in the back.

She probably said she loved me on purpose, to make me feel safe.

Even so, it hurt me more than a gunshot ever would.

I took two passports with my face, and the one with Cody's and threw them back into the fire, wiping my eyes of tears.

I walked away from the fire and sat down on a boulder near the plane's ruins, lost in thought.

Miranda's POV:

I messed up. I messed everything up.

I should've been smarter. Why would I ever try to get rid of Alejandro? He means the world to me, and what did I do to show that? Tried to vote him off.

I ran off after Ale tried to save the votes and hid behind Cody and Sierra.

"What am I gonna do? He's gonna hate me forever! I never should've listened to you!"

Cody grabbed my shoulders. "Hey, relax. You did the right thing. There weren't any other logical options for you."

"I would've rather voted for myself than to hurt him like that!"

My heart was racing nervously. "He'll never forgive me, Cody. I ruined everything for him and me! He'll never want to see my face again!"

My breathing started to increase in speed and I began feeling light headed.

I felt my heart pounding out of my chest and my whole body trembling.

I could hardly stand, so I fell to my knees, covering my face.

Cody got down with me, holding onto my shoulder.

"Miranda, are you okay?"

I shook my head. "He hates me. He'll never take me back. I lost him. I lost my baby..."

I laid down on my side, shaking and crying. I coughed a lot, feeling myself lose the ability to breathe easily.

"Chris! Chris! Miranda needs help!" Cody called.

Chris came over and picked me up.

"Hey, panda, what's going on with you?" he asked.

I coughed again, choking and sobbing. "I'm sorry, Ale. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."

The last thing I saw was Chris shaking his head sadly, before shutting my eyes.

I heard some things before truly blacking out.

"She's having a panic attack. She has 'em every once and a while."

"Well, what should we do?" Cody asked nervously.