One

I can't let her die, no.

I've already lost an important figure in my life, I can't loose another.

I've gone places, looking for a loan but no one wants to lend their money to someone without a collateral.

I decided yesterday to swallow my pride and go see the most heartless human being on the surface of the earth.

Jake Blackwood.

He flirted with anything in skirts and they fell for him and his money.

Blackwood took everything from us after dad died saying Dad owed him money.

I hate him for that. He did it without mercy.

Mom had to work two jobs to fend for Sam and I.

After high school, I did the same as mom, I found a job and worked with dedication.

To me, it seems like all the forces of nature were against us when mom came down with blood pressure issues and had to quit working at the local mall.

That brings us to the reason why I'm sitting in the reception of his well known firm.

Hopefully, I'll be able to convince blackwood to loan me some money for Sam's surgery and let me work for him to pay it off.

"Miss Summers?"

I looked up at the sound of my name.

"Mr Blackwood will see you now. Take the elevator to the eleventh floor."

I smiled at the beauty of a receptionist whom I think should've being a model instead and made my way to the elevators.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but the doctors said the more Sam's surgery was delayed the slimmer her chances of survival.

I used my elevator time nicely, to check my appearance, not like I wanted to impress, I just didn't want to go in there looking all shabby.

"Miss Summers, here to see Mr Blackwood."

I said to his PA and waited patiently for her to inform Blackwood of my presence.

"You may go in."

She said, eyeing me with so much distain that it almost burned my face.

Bitch.

I ignored her totally, not today.

Taking a deep breath, I twisted the knob on the scary black door and walked in.

"Good morning sir."

I said calmly, surprising myself.

Blackwood only nodded and motioned for me to take a seat.

I did, not tearing my eyes from him.

"Here, it's stated that you need some money from me."

Blackwood said, going down to business.

"Yes Sir, I..."

He raised Hus hand, gesturing for me to shut up.

"Listen I wouldn't mind lending you money but I don't have time to sit and discuss with you."

He said, going through what I'm guessing is a drawer.

"Here, read this and get back to me. Have a nice day miss Summers."

Blackwood said.

I took that as my queue to leave.

I got up and walked out of his office, in a lighter mood.

I was happy that I had a chance of helping Sam and mom will be pleased about it.

I knew deep down that if mom finds out that I went to blackwood to seek  for help, it'll kill her.

But that wasn't my problem, I was so happy I didn't notice my empty stomach calling for food.

Unedited. Pls bear with me.
And sorry for the mix up.