Five

Unedited.

"Yes I do."

As those three words left my lips, I signed my life over to Jake Blackwood. I hated this man more everyday. He's so cocky, domineering and....

"You may now kiss the bride."

My whole world paused. I couldn't probably let Jake kiss me. I couldn't also make it known to this honorable cong that I loathe Jake.

I looked up at Jake, he was smirking deviously at me.

He tugged me to him by my right hand.

I didn't want Jake to kiss me.

"Don't worry, I won't be hard on you."

He whispered before I felt his lips on mine.

I've only kissed twice in my life and Jake was the third.

I kept my lips sealed as his tongue tried to gain entrance into my mouth.

I felt him chuckle then nibble my lower lip and let go.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you, Mr and Mrs Blackwood."

The priest said as we turned to face the crowd.

I caught my mother's face, smiling sadly at me. I knew she missed dad more today.

Guilt chewed my insides, mom fell in love with Jake the first time they met, he was so convincing, playing the part of the perfect fiance. He bought mom a black SUV and asked Lena to take her shopping.

Sam was still at the hospital, but she was getting better. She woke up two days after her surgery, struggling to do everything, including breathing.

I was glad the surgery was successful and she was getting better. In less than a month, she was talking normal again. The doctors refused to let Sam attend my wedding, she wasn't strong enough to move about just yet and last week, I used a little of that money to fill Sam's closet and decorate her room.

Mom approached us, her eyes shinning with unshed tears.

"You look so beautiful baby."

Her voice wavered. She threw her arms around me

"I wish your father were here."

She whispered, I heard her sob silently.

"You're here on his behalf."

I said, hugging her tight. I pulled back and cleaned her tears with my small face towel.

"Don't cry. I'm sure dad wants you and us to be happy."

I placed a soft kiss on her cheek, blinking back the tears that stung my eyes.

I would never cry in front of Jake.

"Come sit with me for a little while."

Mom said and took my hand.

The wedding was outdoors, in a private garden the place was flooded with people. Blackwood was a popular name, everyone gathered to witness the wedding of first born of the family.

My face fell when I saw Flynn, the guilt in my chest grew.

"Hi Rosa."

He greeted me and kissed mom's cheek.

"I'll excuse you children."

Mom said after looking between the both of us.

"You're even more beautiful than before."