Twenty Six

That scar.
I couldn't get it out of my head.
I know it wasn't there before, but she insisted it had always been there, I'd find out anyway Dr Quinn will tell me, whether he likes it or not.

She ran out of my bed immediately she got her breath back and when I went to her room a minute later, I heard the shower running.
I knew she was washing me off her.
But I also heard her sobbing as I drew myself closer to the bathroom.

I couldn't get her off my fucking mind. She possessed me.
Funny.

Jacob Blackwood cannot focus on anything except the girl he paid to give him an heir.

I could've gotten someone in my class, some model or actress or maybe one of my numerous clients but the instant I saw her through the surveillance cameras, coming up to my office, I knew she had the physical traits I wanted.
Blue eyes, red lips, long legs...

I shook my head.

She'd sent an email to BLACK DIAMOND, requesting for a two hundred thousand dollars loan, laying reference to the student and young entrepreneur loan offer we'd advertised.

What caught my attention was why it was addressed directly to me and how she didn't state her reason for needing the loan.

When I saw her looking all shabby and desperate, I knew she wasn't a student or a young entrepreneur, I stopped wondering how she'd pay up the loan, I didn't care, I already had a new proposal for her.

When she agreed to my terms and conditions, I thought, oh great! another whore. I was glad, I'd keep the press away from her, after two years, I'd do away with the gold digger and have my peace.

What I didn't expect was to break her hymen that night, whores do not have hymens, they weren't insecure or totally clueless to the concept of having sex. I didn't expect her mom to call me after the honeymoon to thank me for funding her youngest daughter's surgery, I didn't fucking expect them on my doorstep few days later, I didn't expect Jake Jr to adore Rosalind's presence, I didn't expect this sudden urge to scrap the contract and have her for real, she was already attracted to me. But the hatred in her eyes....

Yes, nobody fucking warned me that my heartbeat would go on overdrive whenever she's around or I'd be starring at the clock, hoping time would fly by for me to go home to her and my boys or my heart would constrict anytime hurt flashes in her eyes or when I hear her sobbing.

I sighed and turned on the intercom.
"Sir."
Maya's voice came through.

"Coffee."
I ordered, turning it off.

Dad knew what I did to Rosalind I don't know how, I didn't tell him, my lawyer wouldn't dare but dad knew me, he could figure his children out just by looking at us.
He was more understanding than mom who was never there until Lucy was born.

Dad's my idol, my model. I admired the way he balanced running a business and raising Rob and I. By the time mom decided to be there for us, I'd grown out of needing her, I got used to her absence and her presence didn't make much difference.

I wanted to have what dad had with Rob and I, with my boys.
I loved that connection between us.

Jacob, I raised you better than that.
He had said with a disapproving frown.