Three

Surprisingly, Mara was nice to me, she gave my new phone to me with her number in it and patiently explained the basics of using an iPhone.

All through my ride home, my mind was occupied with finding a way to break this to mom without raising suspicion.

Mom was very observant, she might just see right through me and my lie.

I knew dad would have frowned at this too, I could already feel him frowning down at me.

Sorry dad, but it was you who thought me sacrificial love.

I got off the bus and walked home slowly.

"Oh Rosa, hey!"

Someone said behind me as I rounded the corner to my street.

I stopped, held back a sigh and turned around to see Flynn.

"Hi Flynn..."

I mumbled distractedly wondering when he'd realize that my life was a jumbled mess and I had no time for relationships.

"Woah... You look good."

He said, assessing me from hair to shoes.

"Thanks."

Not that he wasn't good looking, he was and he knew it.

"How's Sam?"

Flynn asked full of concern.

I shrugged, hoping he'd understand that I did not want to talk about my sister.

"Come, I'll walk with you the rest of the way."

He threw his hand over my shoulder and turned me back to the direction I was walkiing.

"Don't worry Rosie, Sam will get better."

Flynn said quietly.

"I hope so."

I managed to choke out. I just want to curl up somewhere and cry until the heaviness in my heart evaporated.

"What are you doing in my side of town?"

I decided not to be rude and make a small with him.

Flynn exhaled nervously.

"I was ehh... Hoping to catch a glimpse if you before evening."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from giggling.

If you haven't guessed already, I kind of like Flynn.

Who wouldn't?

He's always very thoughtful, charming and very good looking but  I think it's just a crush.

We don't work on crushes now, do we?

"Thanks for walking with me Flynn."

I said as we came to a halt in front of my apartment.

"It was nothing Rosie."

I almost fainted when he leaned in, only to drop a polite kiss on my cheek.

"Guess I'll see you around."

He smiled brightly like a kid in a candy store.

"Sure."

He said and motioned for me to go inside before turning on his heel and walking away.

I pushed the door open slightly and breathed my relief when I didn't see mom in her usual spot, watching television.