CHAPTER 6

"So sad these don't fit again," my friend said miserably. With the pair of unfit Diors on her feet, it was like her world crumpled down.

"Are there any other black stilettos, Mr. Angelio?" I turned to the store's owner imploringly.

"I'm so sorry girls, but there's no other," Mr. Angelio said regretfully.

"Maybe, it's time to move on and visit other shops," I suggested to my friend.

"I doubt it. Mr. Angelio's is the best in town," she replied taking off the shoes from her feet and carefully replacing 'em in the box.

"Thank you for the complement, dear. But as for the situation, I couldn't help you. Maybe if you give me some time, I could manage to give you a pair that would just be perfect for you," Mr. Angelio said encouragingly.

"That would be impossible. The wedding's on the day after tomorrow," I said.

"The wedding's on the day after tomorrow? That soon?!" my friend exclaimed.

"Yes. It's written on the invitation. September 23, 2008. And today's September 21, 2008," I answered her.

"Oh, my God! I lost track of time! Is that true?" she asked blankly.

"Yes!" Mr. Angelio and I answered in unison.

"Where on earth could I ever find that perfect pair of black stilettos in this short span of time?!" she exclaimed.

"Let's try online shopping," I suggested.

"You know I'm not into online shopping. I couldn't get to see and touch the real thing up close and personal. Photos are just so deceiving," she added.

"Ah, ah. Not all the time, dear. Sometimes you'll get more from what you see in pictures. For once, consider taking risks," Mr. Angelio pointed out.

"Alright then, Mr. Angelio thank you so much for your help. Our time is up here. See you in some other day and circumstance," I said eyeing my friend.

"Goodluck in your quest in finding the perfect pair of shoes," Mr. Angelio wished,waving us goodbye.3�[���