2

-REPTILIA by THE STROKES-

Emma:

I Walk downstairs from my bedroom, my notepad in hand. I was mumbling lyrics under my breath. "Follow you, follow you home... This hope is treacherous... I, I, I like it.." I frown, shaking my head. I began singing a different song. I slowly make my way through the lounge, not paying attention to anything. I bump into something, so I quickly mumble an apology.

James POV:

Sirius, Peter, Remus and I sat laughing in the lounge room, talking about the funny times we had. Then Emma strolls past, totally lost in her mind. She was muttering words absent mindedly, and they were sort of sad. She then bumps into the wall, and says sorry. Sirius stifles a laugh, Peter was too busy eating and Remus looked up slightly. I stand up, rubbing my shoulder. 

"Em?" I ask, sliding into the seat next to her. She continues scribbling something down. "Yo."

"You are coming to Hogwarts, right?" I lay my face on her notepad, looking up into her ever changing eyes. "As a Journalist, yes." Emma gently moves my head away. "What for?"

"James, the Triwizard Tournament is this year. Zahara and I are going to write the daily prophet, and sort of be School Instructors." Emma begins to write again. "Who's Zahara?" I ask happily. "My best friend." She replies simply. "Alright!" 

Third Person POV:

A tall girl walked up the path to the Manor, shivering slightly. Brown hair tumbled down to her shoulders, and brown eyes sparkled in the dim light. Zahara Leanne shook off the snow, and knocked on the door. There's crashing, yelling and thumps as James and Sirius bolt to the door. Zahara was looking out at the street, humming a little tune. The door swings open, to two out of breath boys. "Who are you?" James frowns. Zahara swings around, grinning. "Well, hello." She winks. "JAMES! WHO IS IT?!" Emma screams from the kitchen. 

"UH, I DUNNO! A BROWN HAIRED CHICK!" James shouts back edgily. In the time span of two seconds, Emma zoomed out the door and tackled Zahara to the ground. "ZEE!" Emma squeals. Zahara also squeals, hugging her best friend back. "Dea corde!" Zahara 'Zee' Leanne was a African American girl with shoulder length brown hair, slightly dark skinned, and almost black eyes. She was sleek and fast, almost unseen by human eyes. She resembled a seagull, funnily enough. Though wasn't an Animagus, like her friend. Her patronus was a seagull...

Emma on the other hand, was a Cat. A Munchkin cat, to be exact. It's cute, really. Her form was usually a kitten, when she was normal, but if she was scared, she was a fully grown cat. The cat was Fluffy, white and light grey with green eyes. 

"Dea corde?" Sirius frowns. Emma rolls her ever-changing eyes and morphs into a little cat, meowing impatiently. "Awe!" Zee cooes, softly hugging the kitten. "what?" James looks flabbergasted at this discovery. The kitten makes a little 'hmph' noise and sassily sashays (if cat's can sashay) into the house. Zee stands, dusting off her clothes. "Well, I'm Zahara Leanne." Zahara grins.

Sirius steps forwards first, a smirk on his face. "Sirius Black, It's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady." He kisses her outstretched hand, and Zahara raises an eyebrow. "Oh? Damn, I wish I could say the same about you!" Zee giggles and skips after her friend. 

"Damn."

Dinner came faster than expected, and Euphemia gladly welcomed Zee into the house. "So, the nicknames. Their Latin." James starts. Emma was sawing through a piece of steak with a knife. "It means Goddess Heart, dea corde. My real nickname is Vespere, and Zee is Nox. Vespere is Evening, and Nox is Night." Emma explains, though she was still concentrated on her steak. 

Euphemia clears her throat. "Um... Emma, dear..." She starts awkwardly. Emma looks up, just as her father takes over. "We have decided that you should go to Hogwarts." Fleamont looks her straight in the eye. Emma moves her gaze down to her food, suddenly not that hungry. 

"Excuse me." She mutters, standing up. She feels tears spilling over her eyes, as she makes her way to her room.

Why? Why must she go to school, when her parents knew?

__________________________

Media: Emma's usual journalist outfit.