5

-2 POOR KIDS by RUTH B-

Emma:

I walked into the Great Hall after everyone was seated, Zee trailing after me. I kept my head down, glancing up every once and awhile. "Excuse me? You have to sit down!" Some chick with a blue and white tie whispers to me. I raise an eyebrow at her. "I think you'll find that I don't have to do anything." I turn back around, walking up to Dumbledore. "Yo- I mean, hello Professor." I almost start laughing. He smiles. "Hello, Emma Potter. Ready to be sorted?" He asks. I nod, waving Zahara over. Zee goes first, but before it was even a minute, the hat screamed Gryffindor.

I sit down on the stool, catching Remus' eye. He smiles, giving me the thumbs up. I roll my eyes playfully, grinning. "Ahh, another Potter." The hat starts. "Yello." I greet, crossing my legs on my stool. "Hello. Now, I can already see that you are very, very intelligent. A perfect Ravenclaw. I would be daft not to put you there. But in other scenarios, you do not fit in there. You are mature, but not mature enough. Hufflepuff would probably suit you too, if you weren't so rebellious most of the time, not to mention how emotional you are. You'd conjure up a storm in there. So, no. Not Hufflepuff. Aha, you are quite cunning, my dear-"

"Don't you dare." I warn the hat strictly. "I am guessing you don't like Slytherin that much? But why? You are a pureblood after all, my dear!" The hat guffaws, as metaphorical steam bursts from my ears. "Listen, you weird creepy hat, I am a pureblood, that is correct. But unlike those stuck up, stupid, ugly Slytherins, I have no interest in blood politics. If you are muggleborn, you are a muggleborn. If you're a halfblood, you're a halfblood. If you are a bloody pureblood, you are a pureblood! There is absolutely no difference! And you, you hat, You can't talk about Purebloods! You are a hat for Godsakes! So, please, shut up about bloody purebloods." I rant on, earning cheers from Gryffindor, mostly The Marauders. "Brave. Courage. Nerve. Strength of Will. Just. Chivalry. Daring. Honour, Courteous. You fit into every category for a Gryffindor. But, you have Wit, Intelligence, Wisdom, Creativity, Individuality, Acceptance, Originality for Ravenclaw. Dedication, Hard-work, Fair-play, Patience, Kindness, Tolerance, You're unafraid of Toil, and very loyal for Hufflepuff. Then, you are cunning, ambitious, creative and resourceful. A Slytherin. You fit into every Single house in Hogwarts, yet the place you belong is so simple. But I don't know that place. Where, Emma Abigail Potter, do you think you belong?" The Hat tells me. I was being stared at with interest by the whole school. I glance at every house. Slytherin, no. Hufflepuff.... No... Ravenclaw, maybe. But Gryffindor. My brother is there, my best friend. My friends. And Remus.

Somehow, Remus fits in with me. Every time I see his face, those eyes... I see that vision, the love in his voice. The tears that showed he would be broken without me. That he somehow wanted me there. Me, Emma Potter. The girl who was going through messed up files to find the right one. The one who no one would love, because I'm an uneducated freak. At least Zee got educated at Durmstrang for about five months. She was the one who went to a wizard school before, not me.

All my messed up thoughts, they all came back to him. They all flew the same twisting, overlapping, chaotic paths. 

Remus. 

They words came out of my mouth before I had time to organise them.

"Gryffindor." I whisper, not taking my eyes off of Remus. "Then, I shall put you there; GRYFFINDOR!" Dumbledore takes the hat off, and smiles at me, as if saying 'I know who you are thinking of.'

I run over, attacking James in a hug. Unwillingly, my hair decides to change to A bright, bubbly blue. I start to blush, and it turns pink. I groan, and make it turn blonde again. I catch Remus' gaze, and he winks cheekily. My blush spreads like wildfire, as I hide my head. James just held me, laughing and cracking horrible but funny jokes.

I belong, next to Remus. I am the one who's going to stand by him. The one to hold him whilst he's upset, hurt or angry. To calm him. 

That sounds so possessive, but I had a feeling it'd be just that.

Unless I'm wrong, which I probably am.

______________

I edited this and I had no choice but to get all of the cringe out

sorry xD