Chapter 14

Matt's POV

I woke up early, it was my routine now, waking up early, I hadn't been sleeping well for months, but now, now maybe I'd sleep better.
I rolled over and looked at Ana, she was sleeping soundly, covers kicked off and I smiled, pulling them back up. It felt so good to be next to her.
I heard the door open and I looked over to see Charlotte standing there, smiling. I pulled back the covers and waggled my finger at her, calling her over. She ran over and climbed in next to me.
"Good morning cherub." I whispered.
She snuggled up to me. "Morning daddy."
"How did you sleep?"
"Good." She whispered. "Did you sleep over?"
"I did." I whispered.
"Are you and mommy friends again?" She asked.
"Yes baby we are."
"That makes me happy."
"It makes me happy too Charlotte, very happy." I told her smiling.
"You love mommy right?" She asked, taking my face in her hands.
"I love mommy so very much."
She sighed. "She loves you too daddy."
"I know."
She fell silent and I thought she was going back to sleep, so I closed my eye's.
"Daddy." She suddenly whispered. "How did you meet mommy?"
"We met at school." I whispered. "We were about ten and it was lunch time. I was sitting around with my friends and there was this kid, his name was Tony, he was a bit of a bully, anyway that day he decided he was going to pick on mommy. I watched them for a bit and then I went over to help your mom."
"Was she crying daddy?"
I laughed softly. "Oh no, your mom was yelling at Tony, she was standing there with her hands on her hips yelling at him, but I went over and told Tony to leave her alone."
"And he did?" She asked.
"He did, but honestly Charlotte, I think he was more afraid of mommy than me."
She giggled softly. "Is that when you fell in love with her."
I smiled. "No, but she invited me over to her place that afternoon and we pretty much became best friends."
"Daddy." She whispered. "When did you fall in love with her?"
I turned over and looked at Charlotte. "Why so many questions?"
She shrugged. "I would just like to know."
I leant over and kissed her nose. "I fell in love with mommy when Gramy was sick."
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why did you fall in love with her?" She asked me.
I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. "I don't know Charlotte, I just did, one day I just realized that I loved her."
"Did you tell her?"
"Eventually I did, after I made sure that mommy loved me too."
"I like that story daddy." She whispered.
I did too. "And you know what Charlotte, maybe I fell in love with mommy that day at school, maybe that's why I helped her."
"I bet you did daddy." She giggled.
"Yeah, I think that's when I started loving her."
"What did mommy look like?" She asked.
"She was very pretty and she always wore her hair in piggy tails." I explained. "She looked a lot like you."
"What do you mean was?" Ana suddenly said.
"What?" I asked, reaching out and taking her hand.
"You said she 'was' very pretty."
I smiled. "Because you were Ana, but now." I murmured leaning over and kissing her. "Now you're beautiful."
"It's true mommy." Charlotte said.
"Oh you two stop it." Ana laughed.
"You are the most beautifullest mommy in the world."
"I agree." I told her, pulling her into my arms.
Ana smiled at me. I loved seeing that smile.
"Mommy, do you have photos of you and daddy at school?" Charlotte asked.
"I most certainly do." Ana told her.
"Can you show me?" Charlotte asked.
"Yes baby." Ana said sitting up.
"Hang on." I told them. "Both of you lay back down, I just want to lay in bed for awhile with my two favorite girls."
"Okay." Ana said, laying her head on my chest. "Besides, we have heaps of time to find them later."
I leant down and kissed Ana's forehead. She was right, we did have plenty of time. We had the rest of our lives together.