Chapter 33

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Are you sure you still love me, Snow? Have you not truly fallen in love with Harry like he said you had?' Peter asked and a lump formed in her throat at the prospect of him thinking of her being unfaithful to him.

'Of course not. It had been three months since we had kissed. But I would still rather have the ghost of your mouth than a kiss from Harry.' Snow admitted, trying to ignore the half of her brain that was wondering how much of that statement was true. It was the most painful half lie Snow had ever told in the entirety of her life.

'Are you going to tell him?' Peter asked quietly, looking around the empty clearing just to check Harry or his men weren't watching. 'He'll find out soon enough.'

'Tell him? You serious?' Snow chuckled. 'That would be like walking into a burning forest covered with highly flammable oil.'

'But doesn't he want to kill me?' Peter wondered.

'The only person Harry he wants to kill is the so-called Queen Margarita. And I want to help him or even do it for him.' Snow admitted impatiently putting her hands on her hips, still despising the Queen for how much Snow and the Gone had suffered because of how selfish Margarita was.

'And there we have it, Snow.' Peter mused, his hands flying into the air with joy. 'We both want the same thing, we're just sitting on different sides of the table.'

'I won't work with you.' Snow protested, easily seeing what he was trying to achieve. He rolled his eyes, but his smirk widened.

'But why wouldn't you?' He taunted, raising an eyebrow and shrugging innocently in her direction, but Snow was well aware how un-innocent his shrug truly was. He was plotting something, and no matter how tempted Snow was, she couldn't allow the Gone and the royals to work together. 'We both want the same man's blood.'

'The royals and Gone can't be allies, Peter. They are too different in their battle strategy. Everything would be lost.' Snow protested meekly, trying hard to remain powerful when it was obvious he was in control.

'Oh can't we?' He mused pleasantly. 'Two groups of people, with the same level of hatred for one another, fighting against a common enemy?' He mused, and then chuckled as he continued, 'Isn't that what's best for everyone? Most of the citizens in the castle would join in too, Snow. It could become Margarita and her three trusted advisors against the world!' He smiled, the satisfaction of this notion becoming too much of a delight for him to handle.

'But it won't be like that, Queen Margarita breaks the rules! Queen Margarita cheats! You may think that you never fail, but Queen Margarita CAN'T fail! She doesn't know the meaning of the word.' Snow finished her rant abruptly and dropped into a quieter tone, walking closer towards him, 'She will use everything he has, including her power over the weak. If you show her your weakness, she will destroy you. I can't let you do that, it's too dangerous for you and the Gone.'

'Danger? That's what we strive for! They can handle it, Snow. We can all handle it.' He smiled encouragingly, realising where her reluctance lay. 'Your fiancé is strong enough and so are we. Together, not separated, we can defeat Queen Margarita. With merely a little persuasion we can gather most citizens, all royals, all Gone members and probably every single one of her advisors that hates her in reality too.'

'It's not just numbers that will be able to defeat her, Peter.' Snow whispered almost painfully. She could see how much it hurt Peter when she was forced to leave, how forgiveness for her most terrible sin was even more troublesome to forgive. She remembered when Queen Margarita dragged out Peter like a puppet, she remembered how she felt and could never relive that moment.