Chapter 24

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
Sorry about the wait.
This chapter is so tense and really fun to write, so I sincerely hope you enjoy reading it!
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Snow White..?'

Snow felt her heartbeat pounding in her head. Everything was dark. She felt as though she was made of lead.

'Snow White.'

It was a shrill woman's voice, a haunting, menacing woman's voice.

Snow could feel herself move her arms closer to her face, dragging her fists across her eye sockets to try to invigorate her eyes to consciousness.

'Snow White, my darling, rise and shine.' A hand stroked her hair.

Snow opened her eyes slightly, but all she saw was light blinding her. She made a noise of protest and shut her eyes again.

'Snow White,' the voice said warningly, familiarly. 'Snow White, your trying my patience. Don't you want to see me? I've been waiting a long time to see you and I was very much looking forward to our first meeting.'

'C'mon, Snow White.' The voice whispered. 'I order you to wake up, as your Queen.'

Queen?

With utter horror at that word, the word only one person alive could speak of, Snow opened her eyes again, slowly, gingerly. She was absolutely terrified by what she would see.

And what she saw surpassed her furthest nightmares.

The Queen was standing over her with a malicious smile spreading slowly across her face cruelly glinting in her cold eyes. She smiled down at her pleasantly, almost excited, making Snow's heart race as fear paralysed her.

Margarita looked down at her, watching her dawning horror with a smirk of amusement while her eyes smouldered with fury. Snow White's head gave a minuet shake of denial at what her eyes told her was true.

Margarita's lip curled over her teeth, 'Lovely to see you after such a long time, Snow White.'

Snow White immediately pushed herself into a standing position, legs a little apart, hunched over slightly in order to protect herself.

Margarita's lips curled into the sly sneer Snow White was familiar with, 'What's wrong, Snow White?' She snarled. 'Not happy to see me?'

Snow White took a step backwards, her head pounding. Her panic stricken heart hammered in her chest, the reality of being kidnapped by the Queen's army dawned on her as she stood up to see herself alone with the Queen.

'Let me go, I won't leave with you.' Snow begged helplessly. The Queen just chuckled and chortled at her reaction. Her efforts were pointless.

'I don't think so,' She chuckled. 'You see you are the fairest of them all and we both know that until you are dead, I am only second. And I DO NOT COME SECOND!' She roared and Snow winced painfully, unable to move or breathe.

'So what now?' Snow asked, blissfully ignorant that she didn't have control of the situation at all. 'I thought Queen Margarita never fails, but here you are, unable to hurt or control me. I know you cannot be fairest without the fairest of them all going willingly, and I do not go willingly.' Snow seethed angrily.

Queen Margarita scoffed, her smile widening as she chuckled to herself. 'Oh I don't fail, and I haven't failed yet. You see, there is more than one way to see a man's death without murdering him.'

'You won't kill me.' Snow doubted, but the Queen could sense the edge in her tone. Queen Margarita relished in this, especially as she could see the Gone restraining against their ropes, pulling them from the soldiers with no effect. 'You can't, or you will never been fairest of them all.'