Chapter 32

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
I'm so sorry about the wait, it's been such a long time since I last update, but I've been frightfully busy with work.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Are you afraid?' Harry whispered against her neck, his voice husky and breath was cold, goosebumps erupting on her flesh. The words were taunting, the sticky smell of fear radiating from her skin.

'Please.' Snow whimpered

'Do not be afraid, I am with you. Wherever you will go, I will follow you. Till death do us part. For as long as we both shall live-' he continued to recite more words, but they were just words. Empty, meaningless words.

Snow felt like she was stupid to trust him, to believe he would act so rationally in any situation on which her life was endangered. It did strike her as strange, however, that he was yet feel endangered himself. His life also was on the line. He too could die.

'Harry!' Snow screamed, turning so that she was completely pressed against his torso, increasing her distance between the edge to a maximum. 'Have you gone crazy? We could die!'

His sneer arrogance and joy sickened me as he was clearly taunting her, teasing his fiancé with her life. A pain was rippling throughout her body at the change of atmosphere from smiling and joking, to standing on the knife edge with death around the corner, or below them. It was a statement entirely of power and what he could do if she betrayed him.

He didn't reply, smirking as he tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. 'I would never hurt you, my Love, you know that. I love you.' He promised.

If that was meant to be reassuring, it didn't work. Slowly, which just doubled her anticipation, they neared the edge. The height began to multiply her fear of death, a simple, natural feeling programmed into her DNA. Snow ambled in fear and trepidation.

'I'm seriously doubting your love for me.' Snow half-sang and released a nervous laugh, but he just gently chuckled, edging her closer and closer to the edge.

Gusts and torrents of angry, harsh winds bandaged us up in suffocating wraps of gagging forces. The wind was gradually undoing my plait, ruining its perfection one strand at a time, as it did with Harry and Snow's hair was annoyingly whipping around her face. His hands, looped around her waist, tightened a little as the backs of her heels edged only closer.

Her brain was bombarded by a frenzy of terrible thoughts. Snow was shaking with fear, her body numb and unable to move. Unable to breathe. Snow had no power to save her life or refuse Harry's power over her. Snow took a deep breath, preparing herself for the impact that could kill her.

'Perhaps this will restore it.' He mumbled into her neck, making goosebumps appear all over her neck. He began to sway, turning her so she looked outwards once again, so slowly and gracefully, like she was floating. But the turn was a little too fast for me to handle and Snow nearly lost her balance. She felt his hand catch her waist, stopping her from falling. 'See? I saved your life! I would never hurt you.'

Although his voice was pleased and satisfied he proved her wrong, Snow couldn't bring herself to move or even reply. He had saved her life after endangering it, Snow didn't think that counted as gallantry behaviour. Snow was terrified that she couldn't even breathe and his words were muffled, her heart seemed the only thing that could move and it was beating faster than her body would fall.

His lips briefly hovered across her neck, almost tickling her senses, and whispered, 'Do you trust me?' The wind bellowed around them, but Snow could hear them almost perfectly.

He took baby steps towards the edge, until her body was pressed into his, trying to keep her centre of gravity as far from the edge as possible.

Eventually Snow felt only the back of her feet on the solid ground, the rest of her lying on air that could barely lift a water droplet. Let alone her.