Chapter 37

Hey,
Thanks for reading. I'm so sorry about the wait, I had another book to finish.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Mistress Snow.' Came a nervous voice from her left, Snow White instantly knew belonged to her loyal, friend and servant Lily. She hesitantly opened her eyes, one after the other, trying hard not to blink at the sudden array of light cascading through her bedroom window, furthermore she was reluctant to be dragged from her superior world of dreamy imagination.

'Umm.' Snow White moaned, rolling over to see Lily plumping the pillows her head was centimetres from resting on. Glancing at the clock by the side of her bed, she was more shocked to see the date than the time. 'Lily!' Snow squealed and Lily burst out laughing.

Today was finally the day of her wedding: the day she had been dreading.

Suddenly aware of her realisation, Lily fumbled around the room in search for all of her "monkey dress", a gorgeous gown that made Snow fall over just walking across her level bedroom floor, let alone dancing with a Lord.

'Don't worry, you look amazing.' Squealed Bess as her three servants finished styling her hair and skipped off to gather her dress into a massive bundle over her arms. Snow decided these girls definitely had the lesser ordeal.

She beamed at her transformed appearance in the mirror. Her hair was lightly curled, but left in its usual waves and white flowers were pocked between the curls, flourishing and blooming in the light. Her eyes, however, looked larger and rounder: like she was an owl. Her lips were smothered with pink lip gloss.

Standing up slowly, her legs vibrating violently, the band of merry women were able to ease the dress over her hair and make up, a task which proved more difficult than it sounds.

Her nervous legs didn't stop violently shaking as Petunia fastened her long chain of pearl buttons up her back, hence the satin ribbon quivered in little wavelets on the floor, almost sweeping the dust Lily removed at least twice a day.

'Deep breaths, Snow. Remember to try and keep your heart rate average so you don't sweat your beautiful face off.' Lily teased. Snow was so nervous as this was her first ball she had ever been to and mocking Snow was just the kind of distraction she needed.

It was rather infuriating for her servants to adjust her enormous dress. It was, by far, the most enormous monstrosity of a thing, complete with seven layers of material. Snow wouldn't be surprised if she could live under it. They could always use it to shelter the house in the winter, she supposed.

'Let's go, we'll be late.' Bess cheered, enthusiastically drifting from the door, her sapphire dress floating around her like waterfall, they looked stunning.

'Isn't that traditional?' Snow questioned, genuinely unsure of the answer. Her extravagant bridesmaids simply nodded as they fumbled with her dress, not wanting a single smudge on the bottom of the beautiful fabric.

They swayed down the stairs towards their awaiting carriage, barely able to contain their excitement. But Snow could because this wedding wasn't what she had wanted. Her Father wasn't giving her away; the wedding wasn't in her birthplace; none of her family or close friends would be there; the Gone were far from gone by now and Peter couldn't even dance with her once last time and, most importantly, Snow didn't love the groom.

Tears gently slid down her cheeks and the girls cooed, all thinking they were entirely tears of nervousness and joy. Snow was engulfed in her isolated mournful state, without a single person understanding what it felt like to be here, in her shoes, marrying a man she had known for merely a few weeks and before then only spoken to a couple of times.