Chapter Seven-Remus' Furry Little Secret

Disclaimer: I do not own James, Lily, Remus, blah, blah, blah, we already know this end of disclaimer.

Chapter Seven- Remus' Furry Little Secret

It had been approximately a week since James attacked Severus. Six days and twenty hours if you actually counted. As well as five days and ten hours when Lily and James had a conversation where Lily did not want to physically hurt James. Well, maybe it hadbeen less than five days and ten hours. Or had it been more than five days and ten hours? James didn't know all the numbers jumbled up in his head and thinking about this made his brain hurt. Why in the name of Godric Gryffindor's sword did Muggles want to understand that? Anyway, onto more pressing matters, what had happened through the duration of the almost week.

Throughout the week, James had gone to numerous detentions Severus. They did not speak in risk of getting even more detentions so they battled the way most girls handled things. They sent death glares at each other while complaining about what jerk the other one was. Actually, that is how James thought girls handled arguments. Until he met Lily of course. James' heart then throbbed painfully for some unknown reason. Also during the week, James and Lily did the one thing that they had compromised with one another. They pretended to act as if nothing at all had happened. Unfortunately, this included their conversation about the fight.

James was not entirely sure what to feel about the subject at hand. Suffice to say, James was more confused than the previous Gryffindor seeker, after being hit several times in the head by bludgers. On one hand, James was very grateful to Lily. She never said anything to anyone, about the fight. James had once overheard Lily being bombarded with questions on the fight by nosy first years. "Nothing happened," he heard her say. "You know, boys and their testosterone. They do have to release it somehow. Yes? Besides, if something did happen, why in the name of Hogwarts would I tell a bunch of strangers? If you would be so kind to move out of my way, I have to go to the bathroom."

With a relieved breath, James had pushed off the wall where he had accidently overheard the conversation. 'Accidently' meaning that he had hid behind the wall on purpose, to eavesdrop. James was also grateful that Lily had never interrogated on the reason of his attacking Snivellus. You know the one topic that James had avoided for the last year and would rather not bring it up again. The one where James vowed to never ever speak of again but it seemed to follow him everywhere he went. That would be the one. On the other hand, James was frustrated. The one conversation he had with Lily where she did not want to maul him, vanished, James thought bitterly. It indeed, had vanished.

The day after the talk, or rather a few hours after it, Lily had acted so indifferently that James started to doubt whether it had happened or not. Whether his mind had conjured it up and left some false hope that Lily did not hate him as much as he thought she did. However, James knew it had happened. It was real, James could feel it. The memory was etched onto his brain and it was replayed as much as possible. Especially when he was not distracted, like during lectures.  

There was also the fact that James' knuckles were completely healed. There was not a shred of evidence that his hand had ever punched Snivellus' large head. Lily was truly a bright witch. Therefore, it must have been real. James was angry as well. No, not at Evans. He was at the mad at the fact that she was dragged into this big mess. She had much better things to worry about than to pity his pathetic problems. She doesn't need to know it so why tell her anyway.