Chapter 31 | Rain

Previously..
"I'm in love with Anne.."

Chapter 31 | Rain
What do I do? What do I do?

It just kept running through my mind.

"You alright there love?" Newt finally interrupted me.

"Huh? Uh.. What?" I jumped a bit, startled.

He chuckled at that, but then looked at me seriously.

"You were gone for a long time so.. " he fidgeted around with his hands, "I got kinda worried.. " he looked down at his feet.

I grabbed both his hands and held them lightly, "Thank you" I said it softly as I gave him a genuine smile.

[BOOM]

Lightning struck, and rain came pouring down. I quickly went to look out a window, to clarify it was actually raining. Outside, people were scrambling everywhere. People who were celebrating their victories or still doing some more team games hurried back, trying to find shelter.

"Damn.. I hoped it wouldn't rain on such a fun day" Newt grumbled. I sighed and nodded.

"Hey, at least we won leaderball and the scavengers hunt right?" I giggled.

"Good that" he agreed, laughing.

About half and hour passed and it was still pouring, until we had decided to play a game of Truths.

"Hahah ok, favouriteee.. Pet?" I smiled.

"Cats of course!" He grinned.

"I'm a dog lover" I raised my hand guilty.

"Oh really? We can't be friends anymore, haha I'm kidding" he laughed, "Ok.. Um... Favourite thing someone can do for you?"

"Hmm.. Hugs!" I grinned, "and smiles!"

"Hmm.. So you won't mind this?" He smirked as he jumped and playfully bear-hugged me.

"Ahhh!" I laughed as he wrapped his hands around me.

"Its really coming down.. Isn't it?" I shivered at the cold it was bringing in, I didn't realize it that cold until I felt the warmth of Newt's hug.

"Here," Newt took off his hoodie, leaving him shirtless.

I blushed, "Wait no what?! I'm not cold!!" I lied through my teeth. That was very much untrue. I felt like my toes were going to fall off.

"Oh shush, I can practically sense your shivering from miles away!" He said as he slid his shirt on top of me.

"Fine.." I grumbled, "Ok.. If I have to wear this, then we have to run through the rain to get to our hut" I said, determined, trying to look away from his topless body.

"Awwww.. But the rains's coming down really heavy!" He groaned with his British accent being even more prominent on the word 'really'

"You're standing there shirtless, do you really believe I'm gonna let you stay like that in the cold?" I insisted. That one was half a lie. He really did look good without a shirt. But shhhh.

"Ughhh.. Fineee" he dragged his words. I held onto him tightly, to make sure he would also keep warm. His clothes smelt like him.

"On the count of three.. One.. Two-" he me cut in and lifted me and carried me in both arms

"Threeee!!" He laughed as he ran through the rain, carrying me through to our hut.

"Made it!!" He cheered, placing me down to my feet.

"You idiot," I laugh back, placing my head on his bare chest.

"Oh yeah, I better return this" I blush, taking off his hoodie and passing it back to him.

My face exploded with red, seeing him shirtless all over again.

He just laughed and put it back on.

End of Chapter

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I had lost my phone but now.. Here I am! Hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

Please don't forget to vote!