Chapter 16 - Greenie Number Two

Previously..
And with that, it was lights off.

Chapter 16 - Greenie Number Two

Newt's P.O.V
I think I just slept the best I've ever slept in the 3 years I've been here. I don't know why.

I woke up feeling fresh, but I couldn't stand up. I looked around.

Oh my bloody..

Anne was hugging me while she slept. I don't think she knew what she was doing.

I carefully manoeuvred my way out of her arms. I blushed at the fact that she had been hugging me. But she looked so peaceful in her sleep. I hesitated at first, but then I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead.

I walked out of the hut to do my daily work, my face feeling red the entire day.

Anne's P.O.V
For the whole day, I swear Newt was avoiding me.

"I swear he hates me!" I groaned. Teresa laughed.

"I don't think Newt can hate anyone." She replied, trying to reassure me.

Suddenly there was a big growling noise.

"Woah what's that?" I asked Teresa.

"That's the box.. Its early..?" She sounded confused, but so was everyone else, including me.

"I thought the box came up once a month??"

"Those damn creators. They think they can do whatever they want." Teresa grumbled as she grabbed my hand. "C'mon let's go, don't even bother about them." She rolled her eyes as she dragged me along with her.

Newt's P.O.V
I tried avoiding Anne all day, embarrassed because of what I had done earlier.

The earth grumbled.

Is that.. The box..?

I rushed towards the box. It reached the top with a thump. The roof of it slowly opening, revealing the new greenie.

"Where am I?" The new greenie asked, with the same terrified look every greenie had when they first come out of the box.

Gabriel's P.O.V
After I had calmed down a bit, a boy named Newt told me all about the glade and how I wouldn't be able to remember a lot. I was a quick learner and I immediately volunteered to be a cook. I was suprised at myself, wondering if I could actually cook or not.

"Gabriel" I suddenly found myself saying.

"M-my.. My name! My name is Gabriel!!" I shouted.

"Well Gabriel, welcome to the Glade!" Newt smiled at me.

Just then, I saw two girls walk past us, both brunette and quite beautiful. One of them had run off back into a hut. I guess she forgot something.

"Alright greenie, this way." Newt interrupted my thoughts. He was going to show me the way to my new home.

-Then we heard a beautiful voice, echoing around the entire Glade-

End of Chapter 16