Chapter 20 | Accidents Happen

Previously..
"Take off your shirt."

Chapter 20 | Accidents Happen
I spoke firmly, not realizing how that sounded.

"Whaaaa.." Gabriel replied, extremely confused.

I facepalmed, finally realizing what I said.

"Omg sorry! Take off your shirt so it'll be easier to clean the cuts! Oh gosh, here, just let me do it. Your arms are probably in pain anyway."

I unbuttoned his shirt, and took it off him, placing it neatly next to him.

I gasped. His back was badly bruised. My stommache filled with guilt. Tears began to form.

Suddenly, a hand touched my face gently.

"Hey hey don't cry.." Gabriel spoke softly, while stroking my face gently.

"But its all my fault, if I hadn't had-"

"Shhhh.. Don't blame yourself, its not ur fault." I put my hand over his which was touching my face. He smiled at me.

"Accidents happen."

My heart was beating rapidly. Like when I was near Newt.

I scrambled away, embarrassed, trying to find medicine and more towels to clean him with.

The breeze was gradually getting colder.

Gabriel's P.O.V
My heart wouldn't slow down. Anne had just put her hand over mine.

From then on I knew, I just knew, she was the girl of my dreams.

She walked away to grab more medicine for me. Suddenly she stopped to look out a window. Immediately after she blushed, looked to the ground and fiddled with her hair.

Is that... Newt?

It struck me. The pain. Not the one that I had felt from before. It was a much worse pain.

A heartbreak.

She likes Newt.. Doesn't she?

I wanted to ask, so badly. But I couldn't bring myself up to it.

I sat there in silence whilst she helped clean the cuts off me.

Maybe.. She wasn't looking at Newt maybe..

"There! All done!" Anne's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I gave her a weak smile.

"Oii!! Is someone in here???" A fierce voice suddenly boomed.

Anne's P.O.V
CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I recognized the voice. It belonged to Alby's. He hated me already, if he found out I was in here without permission he would kill me.

I think Gabriel could sense my fear as he immediately grabbed me and held me back.

I could feel his bare skin brush against me, before I knew it, I could already feel my face turn hot and red.

"Shucking hell.." I heard Alby mumble as he took the candlestick and closed the door.

*click*

I froze.

Did he just-

"Did he just lock us in??" Gabriel immediately said.

"More importantly.." I replied.

-"Did he just take our only source of light?"-

End of Chapter 20

Can we please get this to at least 3 votes? PLEASE!! No one ever votes :'(