Chapter II - Confusion

Previously..
And here he stood.
Like an angel sent from above.

Chapter 2 - Confusion
Its just a boy.. An ordinary boy..

I blew a sigh of relief as it had finally come to an end and examined him closer. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and brown pants, all in which were quite rundown and looked about 17. He was surrounded by many other boys, roughly around that age as well. Voices call out above me.

"Its another girl?"

"DIBS!"

"Hope she's not as useless as the last shank.."

"Wait, didn't the last one had a note saying there were no more Greenies?"

I looked up. A bunch of boys were crowding around me, like I was some sort of spectacle. One of the boys, brown haired, jumped down and offered me his hand.

"Here, let me help you" he said quite calmly, smiling at me. I just stared at his hand, confused, like I had never seen a hand before. To be honest I was more shocked than scared at that point. Questions buzzed into my head.

"Hey, you alright there greenie?"
I realised I was still staring at his hand.

"Umm.. Yeah.." I stood up, ignoring his hand, and backed away. "W-where am I?"

"Hey, its okay I'm not gonna hurt you," he replied gently. "My name's Thomas.. What's yours?"

".. Anne.." I replied bluntly.

Anne.. Funny.. It seemed so familiar yet unfamiliar.

Suddenly my head started ringing.

I can't remember anything clearly.. Why-

"Its ok, you're not gonna remember much" Thomas reasurred me.

".. Anne.. J.." I continued.

He looked at me blankly, stood up, and said nothing else to me.

"Guys could you please take care of Green- I mean Anne here? I'm gonna go check on Newt to see if his fever has gone down."

The other's nodded as if the Thomas guy was in charge.

-Without any hesitation he jogged off and disappeared into a hut-

End of Chapter 2

Author's Note•
"It was just a boy.. An ordinary boy."
It pained my heart to write that..
I mean come on..
ITS FREGGIN DYLAN O BRIEN :')
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!