Chapter 21 | As the breeze gets colder

Previously..
"Did he just take our only source of light?"

Chapter 21 | As the breeze gets colder
I searched through the drawers whilst the cold surrounded me.

"Why don't we just yell for help?" Gabriel asked softly.

"Are you kidding? Alby would put us both in the ditch with no food or water." I shivered.

I pushed away the contents of the drawer in desperation search for a matchbox.

"Aren't you cold? Put your shirt back on or something," I said as my voice quivered to the sound of my own breath.

I was embraced by a warm-laced shirt put on me like a jumper. Gabriel had sacrificed his shirt for me. He leant over me, and hugged me like a koala to a tree, attempting to try help find the object and keep me warm at the same time.

There it was again. My heart. Racing, as the warmth of Gabriel covered me. I knew he was just trying to keep me warm, but it was still nice to feel like someone was there to actually protect me.

Then I felt it. The familiar shape of a rectangular matchbox.

Yes!

I quickly lit it. Smoke crawled out of the tip of the matchstick, then finally-

"Fire," Gabriel smiled at me as he continued hugging me closely from behind.

"Gabe.. Thank you.." I said as I muzzled into his shoulder.

"Giving nicknames now are we?" He joked, but then he looked at me and smiled. "Anything.."

Gabriel's P.O.V
Anything for you..

I stared into her pretty brown eyes and her perfect smile.

*click*

Aw crap.

Before either of us could have time to hide, someone walked into the room.

- It was Newt-

End of Chapter 21

Please don't forget to vote and comment! :)