Chapter 18 - More Firewood

Previously..
I held his hand while he kept sleeping soundly.

Chapter 18 - More Firewood
"Those carrots aren't gonna chop themselves you know," Frypan interrupted my thoughts.

"Sorry!" I yelled back out.

"Ahh! Sorry I'm late!" A familiar voice yelled out. "I was kinda held up.."

I turned around. It was her. The girl that was singing. Her face was as beautiful as her voice.

Such a cliché thing to say,yes I know, but there were no other words to explain it.

"Its fine.. Oh and Anne, meet Gabriel!" Frypan introduced me to her.

She smiled at me.

"You have a beautiful voice," I said.

She smiled and blushed awkwardly.

"Umm.. Thanks..?" She replied, confused.

"Whoops, sorry I must seem so creepy, what I meant was I heard you sing, and you have such an amazing voice." I tried to explain.

"Oh you heard me!?" She blushed. "That was umm.." She trailed off.

"Yeah Newt was showing me around when-"

"Omg Newt heard me too!?" Her face turned even more red.

"Anne! We need more firewood!" Frypan shouted from the other end of the kitchen.

"Umm.. Yep!! Be right back!!" She scrambled.

"Take Gabriel with you, to show him where we get all our supplies!"

"Okay!"

She quickly walked out of the kitchen, flustered and trying to gesture me outside too.

I followed her out.

'Maybe I came off as too creepy..'

First she showed me the box and explained everything about it. Greenies. Supplies.

Then we walked into the woods to go grab the firewood.

"Just pick as many big, but dry sticks." She continued.

We started to collect the sticks when suddenly there was a piercing scream.

"Oww! Oh my god..." Anne yelled out. I quickly ran towards her. Her leg was bleeding.

"OH MY GO- Are you okay!?" I asked, worried.

"Umm.. Yeah its probably just a cut." She mumbled in pain. "But I think I sprained my foot or something."

I bent down and leant over.

"Here, grab on," I said, gesturing her to climb on my back so I could give her a piggy-back.

"Whaa.." She blushed. "No its fine I could probably walk on my own- WOAH!"

I interrupted and ignored her, picking her up on my back. She wiggled around a bit.

"Its fine!! I could-" she started to say, but I cut her off, again.

"Your leg is bleeding. I don't think that indicates 'fine' at all."

She groaned, whining along the whole way back. I could feel my face being bright red the whole time.

-I hope she didn't notice-

End of Chapter 18

Two votes and I'll post the next chapter! :)