Chapter 14 - Realisation

Previously..
Then everything went black.

Chapter 14 - Realisation
I woke up, exasperated. I sat up from the bed I was in. A towel fell of my head, the cold water in it, rubbing against my face.
There was a heavy feeling on my legs.

Newt.

He had fallen asleep on my leg whilst sitting on a chair. He looked so peaceful. He started to twitch and move a little, then he woke up.

"Oh heeyy.." Newt yawned. I smiled. "I got you a little something here.." He reached for his pocket and pulled out my gold necklace.

"You didn't!" I gasped. He laughed.

"Here come closer, I'll help you put it on,"

I scooched over a bit and lifted my hair. Newt put his arm around me to get the necklace over. I could feel myself blushing.

"There, all done!" Newt smiled. I held my necklace tightly. My heart fluttered with happiness.

Without a second thought I jumped up and hugged Newt tightly.

And I didn't want to let go.

Newt's P.O.V
Anne was sleeping so soundly. I went to grab a clean towel and rinsed it under cold water. I wiped Anne's face, all filled with dirt. I rinsed the cloth again, folded it neatly and placed it carefully on Anne's forehead. My hand reached for the necklace I had rescued from earlier.

She always did love this thing.

I remember her always holding on to the necklace where ever she walked around the glade or the kitchen. I gazed at Anne for a little longer, not wanting her to wake up and think I was some sort of creep. But before I knew it, I had accidently fallen asleep.

...

Suddenly I heard something move.

"Oh heeyy.." I yawned, tired. Anne had woken up. She smiled at me brightly.

"I got you a little something here.." I reached for my pocket and grabbing her gold necklace.

"You didn't!" She gasped. I laughed.

"Here come closer, I'll help you put it on,"

She moved a little closer to me and lifted her brunette hair. I put my arm around her to get the necklace over. I could feel my face glowing red. I was so nervous.

"There, all done!" I tried smiling at her. I could feel myself rambling. She held her necklace tightly. My heart fluttered. I could tell Anne was extremely happy, which sorta made me happy..

Suddenly out of nowhere, Anne jumped up and hugged me tightly.

She didn't let go.

My hands slowly embraced her, and I hugged her back. My face went bright red.

"Noootiee" she muffled.

"Hhaha again with that name?" I replied softly.

..

"Thank you.."

I smiled.

"Anytime.."

"Uhhh.. Am I interrupting something..?"

Anne's P.O.V
"Uhhh.. Am I interrupting something..?" Teresa asked smugly.

I blushed, suprised as Newt and I quickly moved apart, like nothing had happened.

"We were just ummmm-" I tried to explain.

"Woah, if you two just need a few more seconds I'm fine with tha-" She laughed as she started to walk back out.

"Teresssaaa!" I followed her out, whining. My heart, beating rapidly.

We were halfway back to our hut when I stopped Teresa.

"Hey Teresa.." I said, quietly.

"Yeah?"

-"I think.. I think I'm in love with Newt.."-

End of Chapter 14

=Author's Note=
Newt looks like a little baby in that picture :'D <3