Chapter VII - Little Talks

Previously..
"OI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?"

Chapter 7 - Little Talks
I froze, my gold necklace dangling from my neck. I heard a sigh from behind me.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling at you so loudly.." An unfamiliar voice apologises. He had a very strong British accent.

I turned around, embarrassed. It was another glader, but I had never met him before. He had blondish hair, and he was wearing a hoodie.

"You must be the Greenie." He spoke softer than before. I guess he must have felt sorry for yelling so loudly.

I didn't reply, feeling too guilty for trespassing into someone else's house.

"Hey its okay." He walked closer towards me and stuck out his hand. "Name's Newt Greenie" I shook his hand.

He must be the guy that was sick.

"Umm.. Anne," I replied, still feeling guilty about before.

"Oh yeah, Thomas told me about you. You remember part of your last name, don't ya?" I nodded.

"No one's ever remembered any of their last name.." He continued.

"Really?" I was surprised myself.  "Anne.. J.."

"Is that what you remember?" He asked.

I nodded, again. I tried changing the topic.

"So.. Umm.. Did you take these photos?"

"Yep, asked for a camera and the box sent me one," he smiled as he spoke. "But for some reason they won't give me batteries.. So I just ask for another camera each time."

"Oh! That must be what the camera was for.." I trailed off, remembering the camera from when I was in the box. I sighed with relief.

So someone wasn't recording me then..

"Hey Anne, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." Newt interrupted my thoughts.

"Its ok.. I'm sorry for going in without permission.."

"Nah its fine, you didn't know"

Newt was really nice. We started to have a proper conversation. He showed me all his photos and each story they had.

"Uhh.. I hope your feeling better," I suddenly said.

"Oh, you mean the fever? Yeah its all good now." He replied. "Thanks,"

I smiled at him and realised it was already getting kind of dark.

"OMG THE WOOD!" I exclaimed, remembering the wood I was meant to get for Frypan. "Thanks for showing me the photos, and I would have loved to stay but I really need to go! Sorry!"

I quickly rushed out, tripping over and face-planting on the way. I could hear Newt laughing behind me as my cheeks flooded with red.

A hand reached out to me.

-"Here, let me help you."-

End of Chapter 7

•Author's Note
And so they finally meet! YASSS HOPE YOU LIKE IT.
AHHH.