Chapter 1

Tris POV

Today is my first day at a new school, I just moved to here, Chicago, from Dallas, Texas. My dad just got promoted to a higher position in the government, and my mum is the owner of a fashion company, so technically she is a famous fashion designer. She owns 'Prior Style' which has been the most popular fashion brand for the past few years. I'm pretty spoiled, me and my brother, we have always had a big house. We now own to what is now called 'Prior Mansion' and I'm not kidding when I say mansion, it has like five stories. When I walk in I see this huge place with chandeliers in every room and really nice (and expensive) furniture.

"The first floor has the necessities, kitchen, dining room living room, the second floor has many necessities the third floors will be mine and your fathers floor and each one of you get your own floor with a bedroom and other rooms, the fourth floor is not decorated and neither is the fifth floor, you each have s much money as you need to decorate." My mothers says

"I call the top floor," I yell before Caleb has a chance to react. Caleb grunts at this with a 'fine'. I walk around the house and see, not one but two elevators. I squeal like a seven-year-old, well that makes sense since I am one. (A/N: haha she is only seven, here comes a huge time skip.)

9 years later

I wake up at six in the morning to the sound of my alarm with my gurl Katy Perry singing Dark Horse, I don't turn off the alarm I just decide, to leave it on to listen to while I get ready. I go to the bathroom and shower, when I get out, I put on black skinny jeans, loose white t-shirt and a light blue short shirt with rolled up sleeves. I put on my necklace that says Six on it in curvy letters. It's my nickname at school from freshmen year. They called me six because that was my cheerleading number, and I was a badass cheerleader. After that, I apply some makeup. I put in concealer, some natural eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. Once I'm done with makeup, I put my hair up into a high bun, with a few curled pieces framing my face. I put on my combat boots and take the elevator downstairs.

When I get down there, I grab a blueberry muffin, grab my keys and head to the garage. I get into my red Ferrari.

"BYEEEEEE," I yell out so someone knows I'm gone. I start the engine and drive off to school. It's only 7:30 and school doesn't start till 9:00, I decide to go to my special spot, to write. I write music, not for anyone, just to let my feelings out. Right now I'm writing a song for my best friend Brooke, I have Christina, Marlene, Shauna, Uriah, and Zeke here, but Brooke is my best friend from Dallas, I visit her every summer, this summer when I went to go visit her I learned she got cancer, yesterday I was informed that she has a very small chance of living, I cried for hours, but mom told me to just pray.

I start writing the song, it comes pretty easily for me, when I'm done I write it so I can do it with the guitar or piano since that is what I play. I pull out my guitar and start to sing. I don't sing for others just for myself.

The song is sung

When I'm done singing I hear clapping, I look up and see a boy who looks my age standing there in a beanie and sunglasses. I immediately blush and look down I hear him chuckle and I start gathering my things.

"Hey, no need to worry, you were really good, did you write that song?" he asks. His voice is deep, yet it sounds so welcoming, it's very familiar, but I can't tell from where. I simply nod and grab my guitar and swing it across my back. I grab my backpack and begin walking towards my car. I guess he was looking down like me because I bump into him and his sunglasses fly off. He reaches out his hand to help me up, I look up and see his he has beautiful deep blue eyes, then I recognise him, oh my god.

"Y-your Four," I stutter at him, four is an international star, and I just remembered he is going to Chicago high this year. He chuckles again and thin hold his fingers up to my lips.